Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Should I drop A level chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    I'm about to start A2 year and I've decided I want to do maths at uni, but my current subjects are biology, chemistry, physics and maths. I've decided to drop biology and pick up further maths, but I don't know if I should drop chemistry too. So far A levels haven't been that hard and I got straight As on results day for AS so I feel like it wouldn't be that hard but I don't know if I can be bothered for all the exams I'll have to sit next year. Are there any benefits to me keeping chemistry? Should I drop it?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    x

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry can open up doors but so can physics.
    So you're now doing
    - maths, physics, chemistry and further maths
    - it's better having 3 amazing A levels then 4 average so if dropping chemistry helps you get amazing A levels maths physics and further maths can get open up doors too.
    I would personally say that chemistry still opens up doors! If you're going to drop a subject then I would recommend physics or maths? Because chemistry and physics/maths opens up doors to other subjects too and sometimes unis would want Chemistry with physics/maths. It really depends what you want to do so just follow what your heart says and if it says drop chemistry then do it. What's your strongest and weakest subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hambi123)
    Chemistry can open up doors but so can physics.
    So you're now doing
    - maths, physics, chemistry and further maths
    - it's better having 3 amazing A levels then 4 average so if dropping chemistry helps you get amazing A levels maths physics and further maths can get open up doors too.
    I would personally say that chemistry still opens up doors! If you're going to drop a subject then I would recommend physics or maths? Because chemistry and physics/maths opens up doors to other subjects too and sometimes unis would want Chemistry with physics/maths. It really depends what you want to do so just follow what your heart says and if it says drop chemistry then do it. What's your strongest and weakest subject?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Someone please help me. I am currrently doing 4 a levels at a2 and i want to drop one because i cant deal with the stress anymore. I am doing Biology, Maths, Chemistry and psychology. My predicted grades are B in bio and chem and A in maths and psychology. Im thinking of dropping either chemistry or psychology and i need advice on which one to drop. Chemistry is getting really hard and in my recent assessments ive been getting Cs whereas psychology have been A's what shall i do? Im thinking of doing optom at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefailurelife)
    Someone please help me. I am currrently doing 4 a levels at a2 and i want to drop one because i cant deal with the stress anymore. I am doing Biology, Maths, Chemistry and psychology. My predicted grades are B in bio and chem and A in maths and psychology. Im thinking of dropping either chemistry or psychology and i need advice on which one to drop. Chemistry is getting really hard and in my recent assessments ive been getting Cs whereas psychology have been A's what shall i do? Im thinking of doing optom at uni.
    Before I tell you which one to drop, What uni are you hoping to apply for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Hambi123;67869628]Before I tell you which one to drop, What uni are you hoping to apply for?
    Manchester, bradford i know the requirement is AAB your A's being in two sciences but hopefully my predicted in bio can go higher

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=thefailurelife;67870940]
    (Original post by Hambi123)
    Before I tell you which one to drop, What uni are you hoping to apply for?
    Manchester, bradford i know the requirement is AAB your A's being in two sciences but hopefully my predicted in bio can go higher
    Definitely work on your biology, you can still get into uni with at least 1 science. It's better getting 3 amazing A levels then 4 average. If I were you I would've dropped chemistry too. Drop chemistry and aim for As on your A levels

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.