Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So basically I'm moving in on the Thursday before freshers week to get settled in and stuff, but I know you don't get your student loan until you sign on and even then it can take a couple of days to go into your bank (Or so i've read) so worst case scenario, it'll be a week until I get my loan.
    When moving in I'll unforunately have to 'borrow' money from my parents (Because I'm careless and went out into town way too much recently) and I'm just wondering how much I'll need to survive a week, or tbh, how much you spent in your first week? I do drink, like most people but I won't need to buy much food since I'll be bringing plenty with me to save effort and money (mainly effort )

I have no idea how much drinks down south cost, I heard they cost more than the North? (Currently live in Manchester area, going to Southampton) but cheap drinks at Freshers events (?)

Basically, how much will I need to scrounge off my parents..

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure everything's more expensive down south

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frolicly)
    So basically I'm moving in on the Thursday before freshers week to get settled in and stuff, but I know you don't get your student loan until you sign on and even then it can take a couple of days to go into your bank (Or so i've read) so worst case scenario, it'll be a week until I get my loan.
    When moving in I'll unforunately have to 'borrow' money from my parents (Because I'm careless and went out into town way too much recently) and I'm just wondering how much I'll need to survive a week, or tbh, how much you spent in your first week? I do drink, like most people but I won't need to buy much food since I'll be bringing plenty with me to save effort and money (mainly effort )

I have no idea how much drinks down south cost, I heard they cost more than the North? (Currently live in Manchester area, going to Southampton) but cheap drinks at Freshers events (?)

Basically, how much will I need to scrounge off my parents..
    I'm in the same situation as you bro besides I'm moving in on Friday aha... I think £60 to £80 should be fine but I think I'm going to be taking a £100 for my first week "just cos lmao"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.