ReputationRep:
    like to study law in a good university
    I'm going to pick
    History
    Drama
    Psychology
    Music
    What do you think??
    Also I'm 100% sure I'll get an A or B in every one of these most probably an A
    But are these choices good enough to study law in a good uni???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewis_GCSE)
    like to study law in a good university
    I'm going to pick
    History
    Drama
    Psychology
    Music
    What do you think??
    Also I'm 100% sure I'll get an A or B in every one of these most probably an A
    But are these choices good enough to study law in a good uni???
    The subjects you pick at GCSE don't really matter to universities what is more important are your A Level subjects you pick to study Law.

ReputationRep:
    Drama for law😄 Makes people chuckle- implying you need to learn to lie a little as a lawyer? Anyway
    They're fine- GCSE choices don't really matter because most subjects can still allow you to do an Alevel in them even if you haven't taken the GCSE in it such as history and geography

ReputationRep:
    As said above, your GCSE choices aren't too important. Saying that, you should probably look at taking a language as some universities (such as UCL) require this.

ReputationRep:
    For law you more need high results as opposed to anything specific, but drama, history, english, and anything else that'll help argumentative/speaking/presentation skills will benefit you. As someone else already said, languages are very useful to have as well for law. But don't stress too much with GCSEs few unis pay attention to them, they're more to get you into A-levels and provide some general basic knowledge than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    The subject you take at GCSE don't matter at all, it's the grades you get. Pick what you enjoy the most and what you think you'll be able to do well in

ReputationRep:
    These are absolutely fine; they leave the door open for you to do English, History etc which are highly regarded subjects for law.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.