Should I take a levels or carry on my BTEC course?

Watch this thread
Musta23
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, my name is Musta and I'm a 17 year old student that just finished a year of college, in that year I took a BTEC level 3 business course I achieved the grades DD (I belive I could've achieved top marks but I missed a lot of days due to sickness so my attendance was 80%). When I originally started college a year ago I wanted to do A levels but my college don't allow me to because I didn't get an A*-C in English language but thankfully I have it now (I still achieved 5+ A* - C's) and I was very depressed because of this. I felt like (and still feel like) BTEC's aren't going to help me get into a good university even if I achieve top marks. I really want to go to the University of Manchester but I feel like it's impossible with the course that I'm currently taking. I'm an incredibly hard worker and I believe that I would do great doing A levels. I want to hear the opinion of you guys on this? Do you think I should stay doing BTEC or try my hand at a levels?
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Hey,
Just wanted to say thanks for joining The Student Room: welcome on board!

How's it going so far? Found what you need? Below I've listed a few things you might fancy trying on TSR. If you've got any questions, add them to the TSR news, help and feedback forum.

Put your work head on:
No matter what level or subject you're studying, you'll find someone on TSR who can help. Find your subject in the Study Help forum and ask a question or visit our brilliant revision section for help and advice. And if you're planning on going to university, you have to visit our uni applications forum. It's full of people who can help you through the whole process.

Take it easy:
You know there's more to TSR than studying, right? In Hobbies and Interests you'll find people talking about everything from the latest football scores through to what mobile phone to buy next. Or how about the Debate and Current Affairs forum? Latest news, politics, education...it's all fair game in here.

That's just a taster, of course. To find even more conversation, head to the Forums page and find a place to start up your own discussion.

Enjoy the site!

Cheers,
Ollie, from the TSR community team
Inspiringvisons
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Try Alevels as they are usually more well regarded by Universaties
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (0)
0%
Take a gap year (0)
0%
Resit my exams (1)
100%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (0)
0%
I don't know yet (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads