Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I deal with a creepy and abusive dad? watch

So its got to a point where i feel so bottled up and afraid i might do something crazy. Growing up , i was abused physically and neglected. I didnt realise how a restricted lifestyle could affect you until i got all these confidence and anxiety issues by 16, developing a hatred and fear of men. I eventually left home and told the police but they didnt believe me and sent me back..and i thought i was in a just country where i would get supported. But being in care for a night i realised how lonely and nasty the adult world can be . i became more confident in sixth form but unwillingly got involved in drama, fake friends, ending up hating my first crush ever, and upseting someone that liked me who btw was abit 'psycho'. I wondered why me ? Why did i get this unwanted attention when i should have just blended in the background like everyone else, especially when i felt so vulnerable. School didnt really bother me as much as home tho. i decided that university would be my perfect solution as i love learning and working for myself. However recently things got worse. Ive noticed him making sexual remarks to me and my sister, making us soo uncomfortable. I wonder if i can survive my A2 year, do well and ignore him. I also dont know if im being selfish leaving my siblings and mother with him. But if i were to tell the police , even if they took action, it would break down my mother and risk my siblings going into care.

ReputationRep:
    -> :backstab:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So its got to a point where i feel so bottled up and afraid i might do something crazy. Growing up , i was abused physically and neglected. I didnt realise how a restricted lifestyle could affect you until i got all these confidence and anxiety issues by 16, developing a hatred and fear of men. I eventually left home and told the police but they didnt believe me and sent me back..and i thought i was in a just country where i would get supported. But being in care for a night i realised how lonely and nasty the adult world can be . i became more confident in sixth form but unwillingly got involved in drama, fake friends, ending up hating my first crush ever, and upseting someone that liked me who btw was abit 'psycho'. I wondered why me ? Why did i get this unwanted attention when i should have just blended in the background like everyone else, especially when i felt so vulnerable. School didnt really bother me as much as home tho. i decided that university would be my perfect solution as i love learning and working for myself. However recently things got worse. Ive noticed him making sexual remarks to me and my sister, making us soo uncomfortable. I wonder if i can survive my A2 year, do well and ignore him. I also dont know if im being selfish leaving my siblings and mother with him. But if i were to tell the police , even if they took action, it would break down my mother and risk my siblings going into care.
    And your mother knows about all of this? You could try sitting her down with your sister when your dad is out to explain how you're feeling and that you can't keep living like this. She needs to get you both out of there. If your mother were to remove you all from the situation then there would be no reason for your siblings to go into care. If he's been abusive to your mother as well and you all have nowhere to go, women's refuges are the answer. The one I lived in would let you stay up to about 2 years. It gives you chance to sort out finances and find somewhere new to live. If you can speak to your mother about this, it would be good. While it's hard to accept, your family isn't your responsibility. I wish you all the best! Apologies if some of this doesn't sound right or comes across wrong, I'm very tired. I just wanted to make sure you had a reply tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.