The Student Room Group

Why do girls with boyfriends

Ignore my texts like I don't exist

I was bored so I sent casually a few girls from school who I haven't seen in a while a "Hi, how have you been?" texts

I was ignored like an animal. No common courtesy or politeness was shown. Wtf? Why?

They have boyfriends but I wasn't even flirting or anything

I can't believe someone can be so rude
Reply 1
I don't see where the boyfriends come into this.
You sound quite aggressive and angry. If you were never close, I can see why they wouldn't reply. Some of us have limited time, so limit the number of people we regularly contact, so I doubt that they think that you're an animal or anything of the sort.

If I got a text from a guy I had no contact with for quite a while and didn't know well at all, I would be reluctant to answer.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

I was bored so I sent casually a few girls from school who I haven't seen in a while a "Hi, how have you been?" texts

I was ignored like an animal. No common courtesy or politeness was shown. Wtf? Why?

If you are a guy it's very understandable as they don't want this to turn into a misunderstanding and cause problems between her and her boyfriend. If you are a girl then IDK but from the way you say you were not even flirting or anything I'm assuming you're a guy.
Reply 4
They might be too busy having sex? :dontknow:
Original post by WBZ144
You sound quite aggressive and angry. If you were never close, I can see why they wouldn't reply. Some of us have limited time, so limit the number of people we regularly contact, so I doubt that they think that you're an animal or anything of the sort.

If I got a text from a guy I had no contact with for quite a while and didn't know well at all, I would be reluctant to answer.

That’s just kinda snooty and rude tbh. If someone takes the time to text you it doesn’t exactly mean they want to **** you, he just wanted to see how they’ve been. It’s not like he’s asking for regular contact, just a damn text back.
Original post by frankielogue
That’s just kinda snooty and rude tbh. If someone takes the time to text you it doesn’t exactly mean they want to **** you, he just wanted to see how they’ve been. It’s not like he’s asking for regular contact, just a damn text back.

The OP said he did it because he was bored. If my contact with someone was limited to a conversation or two and after that there was no contact for a while then clearly we don't have much to talk about, so what's the point? They didn't ask him to "take the time" to text them, he chose to do so. He's not entitled to a chat with them.

Not replying to someone doesn't mean that we think he (or she, for that matter) wants to **** us, it just means that we don't want to talk.
Try texting some male friends, see if they reply.

Is this modern age of insecurity and infidelity it's common for women to just ignore people of the opposite sex whilst in relationships as it shows less than no intent.
Reply 8
I was ignored like an animal.

LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

Now you know not to text them in future, some people just don't bother replying, that is reality I am afraid.
Original post by frankielogue

Exactly
Original post by Rock Fan
Now you know not to text them in future, some people just don't bother replying, that is reality I am afraid.

Yeah
If she's single it means you have to compete with every other man in the world, if she has a boyfriend you only have one other guy to compete with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending