Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I became an atheist a couple of months back, I stopped being a Muslim, not that I already was a Muslim, I was brought up a Muslim, anyway I have not eaten pig, but want to know what it tastes like and feel like crisps are the best way to go, so my question is: what does it taste like?

ReputationRep:
    Frazzles are really delicious but I don't think they're a perfect substitute for proper pig meat.

Ribs and pulled pork are my two favorite kinds of pork. Ribs might be a little messy and perhaps a bit too "hey I'm eating pig" because of the size of the bones - being so different to beef or lamb bones. But they are good covered on sauce. I think trying pulled pork would be a good start though. It's good in sandwiches or just in a pile at the side of your plate. You can add sauce to pulled pork, or just enjoy the pure meaty taste. Good either way. :drool: Then there's bacon....a bacon butty perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't taste like pork. Just sat some pork if you're no longer a Muslim. Then treat yourself to a beer or ten.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    So I became an atheist a couple of months back, I stopped being a Muslim, not that I already was a Muslim, I was brought up a Muslim, anyway I have not eaten pig, but want to know what it tastes like and feel like crisps are the best way to go, so my question is: what does it taste like?
    Nothing like crisps, just go out and get a bacon butty. That being said different parts of the pig taste different

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Doesn't taste like pork. Just sat some pork if you're no longer a Muslim. Then treat yourself to a beer or ten.
    Only ten?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    Firstly, congratulations on liberating yourself and becoming truly free.

Secondly, Just have a big bacon sandwich to make up for all the ones you've missed out on. You will not regret this!

Plus if you're not Muslim anymore, also use the new freedom to go and have a drink but have a proper one like Cider.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MeYou2Night)
    Firstly, congratulations on liberating yourself and becoming truly free.

Secondly, Just have a big bacon sandwich to make up for all the ones you've missed out on. You will not regret this!

Plus if you're not Muslim anymore, also use the new freedom to go and have a drink but have a proper one like Cider.
    Proper one? I'm sure you mean Guinness or Scotch?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Proper one? I'm sure you mean Guinness or Scotch?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope haha - Cider but I am from the West Country
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by MeYou2Night)
    Nope haha - Cider but I am from the West Country
    Pffft:sigh:

At least let me educate the new ones:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.