Conditional/Unconditional offers Watch

welshleprechaun
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Like most of my friends, I've got a conditional offer for 2007 entry. I was just wondering if anyone knows what it takes to get an unconditional offer. Does it depend on the course, or how brainy you are...?
Lizj
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You get an unconditional offer if you already have your exam results (say you have taken a gap year for example).
You might also get an unconditional if your predictions or PS are fantastic and the department are desperate for you to go there. Some unis give EE offers which are also in effect unconditionals.
I think they are quite rare - I don't know anybody who has had an unconditional offer before doing their A2s.
welshleprechaun
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Ah ok, cheers :cool:
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It's highly unusual to get unconditionals before A2. Normally they just make it EE, which is as good as an unconditional.
minelli
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lizj)
You get an unconditional offer if you already have your exam results (say you have taken a gap year for example).
You might also get an unconditional if your predictions or PS are fantastic and the department are desperate for you to go there. Some unis give EE offers which are also in effect unconditionals.
I think they are quite rare - I don't know anybody who has had an unconditional offer before doing their A2s.
Yeah one of the guys in my school got an EE offer for Cambridge, which he already had as he had all A's at Alevel. So that was an unconditional really just without being called one. All the people who I know with Uncons have been on a gap year though, or applied after their exam results.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Unless you've already got your A-level results, it's extremely unlikely that you'll get an unconditional offer, the exception being Scottish unis, who accept Highers or AS levels because their degrees last an extra year. I know someone who got an EE offer from Cambridge, and I think Oxford do them as well, which is basically unconditional because if you got an A at AS, you've already got an E at A-level. You obviously have to be amazing to get those though- they have to really want you and be sure you'll get fantastic results anyway, so they take the pressure off. Apart from that, I suppose if you had excellent A-level predictions, AS and GCSE grades, personal statement and reference and applied to a crap uni, they might give you an unconditional to tempt you into accepting it because you'd be extremely unlikely to get below their standard requirements anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1170)
79.38%
Leave (304)
20.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed