Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have epilepsy and have to get my prescription every three weeks but as a Welsh student would I have to pay for it in an English university or does NHS Wales come in to it?

ReputationRep:
    You'll have to pay for it (unless you can get an exemption certificate - have a look online for that, but I know just being a university student won't qualify you for that). For the free prescriptions in Wales you need to be registered with a doctor in Wales and pick it up from a Welsh pharmacy.

I forgot you pay for prescriptions in England and I was very confused when I was asked to pay for mine the first time

EDIT: I had a quick look and if your form of epilepsy needs 'continuous anti convulsive therapy' you can get an exemption certification, so you'll get your prescriptions for free. You can apply for it online or (I think!) you can do it at a pharmacy.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Because you have epilepsy, you apply for the exemption through your GP.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.