Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Someone repped me for spelling the past participle of 'spell' wrong. I'd just like to let whoever it is know this:

http://www.ultralingua.net/grammars/english/15.htm. If you look at this site it shows you that there are two different past participles of the verb 'spell'. One is 'spelt' and the other is 'spelled', and both are equally acceptable.

Sorry, I can't find a spelling forum so I posted this on general chat...yes, it's a very sad thing to do, but just to set the record straight for whoever gave me the bad reputation!!!

lol, you should see what i've had neg rep for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    did it involve a pink towel?

ReputationRep:
    I get neg rep for lots of silly things. The people who give it think I don't know who they are, but I do .

ReputationRep:
    Thank you I've always wondered which was right and now I know it's both

Like practise and practice sort of.

ReputationRep:
    It was probably from the same person who neg repped me for spelling 'centered' wrong, and then went on to spell it wrong in the comment themselves.

I would have given positive rep for a pink towel!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it. I got repped for "having an oppinion". Its all good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)

lol, how alike we are

It's all very well for you lot, you've pretty well established yourselves here. But being a new member trying to get green gems, getting a red one for something so trivial is slightly disheartening :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I've gotten neg rep before for giving out positive rep - they thought I'd given them neg rep! :rolleyes:

(Original post by grace)
    did it involve a pink towel?
    mmmm, pink towels...no it didn't actually.

(Original post by Pzyko)
    I get neg rep for lots of silly things. The people who give it think I don't know who they are, but I do
    If you've had a lot of neg rep surely you'd have a grey gem because you're a new member, ether that or you've also had a lot of green rep.

(Original post by Gimp)
    Thank you I've always wondered which was right and now I know it's both
    I've always thought it was only 'spelt' - but nevermind, i sit corrected.

It was probably from the same person who neg repped me for spelling 'centered' wrong, and then went on to spell it wrong in the comment themselves.

A pedantic fool, lovely. Oh and i wear pink towels sometimes, where's my rep?

(Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Don't worry about it. I got repped for "having an oppinion". Its all good.
    lol, some people can't handle things being told like it is, neg reppers are annoying, unlessthey have good reasoning.

(Original post by grace)
    lol, how alike we are
    I'm like you as well, don't forget me!

(Original post by firebladez777)
    It's all very well for you lot, you've pretty well established yourselves here. But being a new member trying to get green gems, getting a red one for something so trivial is slightly disheartening
    Would you like me to make it up to you?

(Original post by Chubb)
    I've gotten neg rep before for giving out positive rep - they thought I'd given them neg rep! :rolleyes:
    LOL!!!!!! That's the best one ever, that's brilliant!

Would you like me to make it up to you?
    It's an idea.

ReputationRep:

I'm like you as well, don't forget me!

you haven't been forgotten, don't worry. Go play with your monkey.

ReputationRep:
    A pedantic fool, lovely. Oh and i wear pink towels sometimes, where's my rep?
    vBulletin Message
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Oh well, it's a nice change from "You have already given tis_me_lord reputation in the last 10 days", I'm getting sick of seeing that.

(Original post by firebladez777)
    It's an idea
    Haha sorry i can't until 3am, and i'm repping somebody else then anyway, i was just getting your hopes up. *Is so cruel*

(Original post by grace)
    you haven't been forgotten, don't worry. Go play with your monkey.
    You're no master of quoting like me, i see. Anyway my monkey has been played with too much now, it has no energy left, so i thought i'd spend some time on UKL instead.

vBulletin Message
    You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Oh well, it's a nice change from "You have already given tis_me_lord reputation in the last 10 days", I'm getting sick of seeing that.
    But it was aggggges ago that you repped me, and it was grey anyway. *Growl*

Nevermind ey, in fact don't rep me until i rep you - i have my reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Haha sorry i can't until 3am, and i'm repping somebody else then anyway, i was just getting your hopes up. *Is so cruel*

You're no master of quoting like me, i see. Anyway my monkey has been played with too much now, it has no energy left, so i thought i'd spend some time on UKL instead.

i hope it's me and i'm sorry that i don't have the same mastery of the quotations as you do, perhaps one day someone will take me under their wing and show me how

(Original post by grace)
    i hope it's me and i'm sorry that i don't have the same mastery of the quotations as you do, perhaps one day someone will take me under their wing and show me how
    lol, do you not know how to do multiple quotes? I can tell you my way of doing it, but it means you have to drop the smilies.

Oh and no it's not you sorry, you'll have to wait a couple of days yet.

ReputationRep:
    lol, do you not know how to do multiple quotes? I can tell you my way of doing it, but it means you have to drop the smilies.

Oh and no it's not you sorry, you'll have to wait a couple of days yet.

:eek: drop the smilies?! Never! I shall carry on quoting like a dunce. But the smilies stay

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.