Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

So I would like to ask if it's actually possible and feasible (if anyone has any experience with such cases) to study at two unis? And with the unis not being in the same city/area (in two different countries to be precise)?

I'm an international student coming to London to study this September, but would also for some reasons like to start uni in my homecountry (Poland - Warsaw; the course I want to do there is not offered abroad). I am fairly sure I can accord the timetables in a way that would leave me one day off at my uni in London (as I have around 8 contact hours per week) and it is possible to schedule all my necessary classes for that day in Warsaw. The examination sessions also luckily won't coincide. If I succeed, then maybe after a year my uni in Poland would allow me to switch my mode of study to an independent one, so I wouldn't have to attend all of the classes and could personalise my examination dates.

Do you think this would be possible to handle? I understand the amount of effort and funds I'd have to put into it, but for me it seems to be worth it, just curious if anyone has done that before or has any opinion on the matter. Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xenia2812)
    Hey,

So I would like to ask if it's actually possible and feasible (if anyone has any experience with such cases) to study at two unis? And with the unis not being in the same city/area (in two different countries to be precise)?

I'm an international student coming to London to study this September, but would also for some reasons like to start uni in my homecountry (Poland - Warsaw; the course I want to do there is not offered abroad). I am fairly sure I can accord the timetables in a way that would leave me one day off at my uni in London (as I have around 8 contact hours per week) and it is possible to schedule all my necessary classes for that day in Warsaw. The examination sessions also luckily won't coincide. If I succeed, then maybe after a year my uni in Poland would allow me to switch my mode of study to an independent one, so I wouldn't have to attend all of the classes and could personalise my examination dates.

Do you think this would be possible to handle? I understand the amount of effort and funds I'd have to put into it, but for me it seems to be worth it, just curious if anyone has done that before or has any opinion on the matter. Thanks x
    To be honest, I don't think it would be possible.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

When you enrol on a full-time course in the UK, you are expected to commit to it full-time. Outside contact hours, you are expected to study for that degree independently. Just because you don't have contact hours timetabled, doesn't mean you're free for the rest of the time.*A UK uni can throw you out for "failure to engage" with your course - for not making a proper committment to it. That would certainly happen if they found you studying another degree elsewhere. Plus UK unis impose different conditions for those studying second degrees. I wouldn't risk it.

There are a lot of "maybes" in your plan. I suspect an email enquiry to the Polish university asking about your current wishlist, would remove any element of uncertainty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    When you enrol on a full-time course in the UK, you are expected to commit to it full-time. Outside contact hours, you are expected to study for that degree independently. Just because you don't have contact hours timetabled, doesn't mean you're free for the rest of the time.*A UK uni can throw you out for "failure to engage" with your course - for not making a proper committment to it. That would certainly happen if they found you studying another degree elsewhere. Plus UK unis impose different conditions for those studying second degrees. I wouldn't risk it.

There are a lot of "maybes" in your plan. I suspect an email enquiry to the Polish university asking about your current wishlist, would remove any element of uncertainty.
    Of course I do know and understand that, but are you staying it is legalny just not possible? I'm not sure if it is in England, in my homecountry I can attend as many unis as I want to as long as I don't fail to accord my timetables and handle the examination and classes (two degrees being usually a maximum one can handle, and that's quite common as unis don't really offer joint degrees). I certainly wouldn't want to spoil my UK degree, if there was such a threat I would give up on the other one, as it's free and I can drop out any time.

It's just that I've spoke to people and heard stories about how they actually did cope with similar cases and was curious if anyone on the forum had a similar idea. Still, being successful at the uni in UK is a priority for me anyways and I'm sure I can handle it academically.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone that went to Cass and Open uni at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Um NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

That is all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    doing 2 degrees at once is likely to be less beneficial than expected.

How often are you expecting to travel between the UK and Poland? how long is that going to take including travel to the airport and checking in? What's it going to cost.

Can't see why the Polish uni would be interested in allowing you personalised exam dates (I'm not familiar with the polish system tbh)

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a terrible idea.

Pick one.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.