The Student Room Group

Job whilst at uni that allows holidays for when I go back home?

I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent places to work (preferably in retail) that allows holidays for when I go back home at Christmas, Easter, etc? I'm studying at the University of Manchester.

Thanks in advance! :smile:
You need to find somewhere with a zero hours contract, also casual hours. I'm not sure about Manchester, but if you could get a job with Showsec, who do the stewarding at the arena, there's no commitment from you to do a certain number of hours per week. Or look at other theatres.

In retail, unless it's a Christmas/sale temporary position, you're usually tied in to regular hours each week.

Fast food places like McDonald's are usually flexible with holidays as well as you're on a zero hours contract, but it depends on the manager. With this and Showsec you could also work back home during the holidays as they are both nationwide companies.
Reply 2
Original post by Dusky Mauve
You need to find somewhere with a zero hours contract, also casual hours. I'm not sure about Manchester, but if you could get a job with Showsec, who do the stewarding at the arena, there's no commitment from you to do a certain number of hours per week. Or look at other theatres.

In retail, unless it's a Christmas/sale temporary position, you're usually tied in to regular hours each week.

Fast food places like McDonald's are usually flexible with holidays as well as you're on a zero hours contract, but it depends on the manager. With this and Showsec you could also work back home during the holidays as they are both nationwide companies.

Ah okay, thank you!! :3
Reply 3
Original post by Bryony075
I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent places to work (preferably in retail) that allows holidays for when I go back home at Christmas, Easter, etc? I'm studying at the University of Manchester.

I have an 11 hour a week contract with a major supermarket chain. We have uni students who regularly transfer to/from us as they swap between uni and home town branches for the holidays.
Original post by Bryony075

I know when I worked at Tesco they allowed you to transfer to a store closer to home for the holidays. :smile:
If you want a part time job in Manchester you better start applying now. I'm from Manchester and my friend who is going to Manchester started looking for a job at the beginning of the holidays (also in retail) and has just got one now in a supermarket. Sure places are always opening up but there are a ton of other Uni students looking for the same job Good Luck:smile:
Look at jobs in the su bar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending