Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I studied mental health nursing BSc years ago and had to repeat some years due to health reasons I then had to leave three months before completion due to pregnancy. I found the academic side quite difficult and the university unsupportive in terms of my health. Placements were fine - I passed all. However I am becoming increasingly anxious as I am due to attend a different university next year studying in the branch I wish I had initially chosen because it is at Postgraduate level and I struggle with academia.

Is anyone able to enlighten me on this course. If you have or are taking it is it a lot harder compared to BSc? How have you best dealt with the demands?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypaspud182)
    I studied mental health nursing BSc years ago and had to repeat some years due to health reasons I then had to leave three months before completion due to pregnancy. I found the academic side quite difficult and the university unsupportive in terms of my health. Placements were fine - I passed all. However I am becoming increasingly anxious as I am due to attend a different university next year studying in the branch I wish I had initially chosen because it is at Postgraduate level and I struggle with academia.

Is anyone able to enlighten me on this course. If you have or are taking it is it a lot harder compared to BSc? How have you best dealt with the demands?

Thanks!
    What did you decide to do in the end? Did you start the post graduate programme ? I too share a similar narrative to yourself. I started a BSc, fell ill which caused me to intermit from the course then went back after a year out to complete. I finished with a 2:2 which I was pleased with as my performance plummeted due to a combination of health related problems coupled with a progressive onset of demotivation. I also want to go back to complete the Adult PG Dip accelerated 2 year degree but to be confronted with academic difficulties due to being dyslexic, has really put me off! How are you finding the course and being able to meet the demands of such intense course? I'd love to hear from you as I have been accepted to complete another BSc but also have an interview for the PG dip, which I'm certain of being successful in obtaining a place, but face the difficulty of deciding which course I'd want to take?

ReputationRep:
    Hi There
    I don't start until February 2017 and I am awaiting my occupational health report but I fear the course maybe postponed plus I'm not sure its the career I want anymore, im studying a MSc in Public Health at the minute.I wish you all the luck and hope you get what you would like out of it, All the best.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.