Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello Long story short, I am a mature student (25) looking to study a Modern Languages BA starting in 2017. My A levels were French (A), Spanish (B) and History (B) but most of the universities I'm looking at want AAB. I have spoken to a few of them and they have said I would be considered for a contextual offer due to undiagnosed (at the time of my A levels) disabilities and extenuating circumstances. They also said that it would really help my application if I could re-take my Spanish A level to aim for an A. While I would be happy enough studying French, Spanish and another language, the combination I really want to do is French, Italian and Japanese. I am therefore considering doing an Italian A level instead of re-taking Spanish. I have shown proficiency for languages in the past and have just come back from working in a sort of international bubble in Paris where I got to practice lots of languages. So I'm hopeful that with the right materials and the odd private tutoring session plus lots of hard work obviously, I would be able to succeed. I just don't know what the current books and materials are for Edexcel (I would like to study edexcel as that is the exam board I had for my other language A levels) Italian A level. I have discovered the items on the Edexcel website but want to have as much information as I can to succeed. Has anyone here studied an A level independently from scratch before? how did you make it work? Am I being unrealistic? And finally, where can I find more information on what the best course materials are and where to find them?Thank you so much in advance Kate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.