The Student Room Group

Protostar's Path to Perfection!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Protostar
Time to reply to you lovely lot :heart:

Thanks! :h:

Aw bless you, thank you so much! I'll make sure to keep you in the loop :wink:

Pandaaaaa! :hugs: Thank you omg, and well done to you too!! :party:

Thanks :smile: Aw, have you thought about remarks? At least you hit your goal, that's the most important thing :yep:

Thanks lovely, I'll be sure to keep you updated into Y13 :heart:

Usy man 🗿
Cheers :yy:

Aw thank you lovely!! :jumphug:

Thanks for always having faith in me :colondollar:

Thank you! It really is isn't it :biggrin: I can indeed! Just had a lovely week away and still have some time left before going back, b l i s s :heart:
Bless you, I am proud and I'm glad you are too :smile:

Will definitely be making another one soon! Will keep you posted :wink:

Thank you thank you thank you :lovehug:
I really did! All the sun :heart:

:banned:

Thanks lovely :hugs:

TLG!! Thank you lovely, and nice use of emojis as always :tongue:

Thank you!! :biggrin:

My remarks cost like £50 per paper, so i don't think it's worth it. The grade boundaries for stats went up by so much this yr :s-smilie: but, anyhow i'll see when i get back at school.

I'm glad i've dropped physics now though, it was just such a headache. 😭 > > ☺️

You been looking at unis?!
Original post by Protostar
CATCH-UP FOR THURSDAY 17/08 - RESULTS DAY

AS Results are IN!

Welp...this is it. All the effort I've put in this year boils down to this day...Results Day :afraid:

I looked at the grade boundaries as soon as they came out and I really didn't think they were that bad at all! I was quite relieved after seeing them, I felt a bit more confident. But why oh why couldn't they have released them on Wednesday instead :bawling:

My school opened up at 10am for us to go in and collect our results, and I arrived at around 10 past. Seems to be becoming a trend that my old maths teacher watches me open my results, as she did last year and she insisted on doing again this year! :redface: I pulled the slip out of the envelope really slowly, I was quite nervous! :colondollar:

In the end I got....

Maths

Core 1: 87 UMS (61 raw marks) - Grade A
My prediction was pretty spot on for this one, I thought I'd got 62 marks so I dropped an extra one somewhere. I'm relatively happy with it though, 87 UMS isn't disastrous so I won't need to resit like I initially thought :colondollar: Quite pleased!

Core 2: 87 UMS (63 raw marks) - Grade A
WHAT?? I was in actual shock when I saw this result - not sure if you guys remember but I came out of my C2 exam in tears, I thought it went horrifically and that I was 100% going to be resitting it next year. Well uh...I appear to have been very wrong about that! So so so glad it went alright though, because the thought of having to sit C2 again...no thanks :lol:

Mechanics 1: 100 UMS (between 64 and 75 raw marks) - Grade A
ECSTATIC to see this on my results slip!!! Those of you who've been keeping up with this for a while will have known that me and mechanics have a bit of a love-hate relationship - I adored M1 and found it super interesting, but the exams...oh my. I put in so so so much work into making sure I did well (especially as I thought I was on a borderline B/A at this point, I needed to make sure I pushed my UMS up to secure me that A!) and I was beyond happy that it all paid off. Love you AQA, love you more M1 :heart: :heart: :heart:

Overall: 274 UMS - Grade A
Very very very happy - I really needed to get an A in maths this year in order to have a chance of being predicted an A* next year! My UMS is looking decent too, could be a lot better but I'm certainly happy with it. Let's just hope that Y13 brings a similar level of success! :redface:

Further Maths

Further Pure 1: 92 UMS (70 raw marks) - Grade A
Beyond pleased with this. I came out of my FP1 exam pretty happy, and I thought I'd got around 70 marks which I did!! Was super relieved too, as after doing the 2016 paper as a mock twice and getting a D and a C, I was really nervous. But I put the work in and it paid off, I'm so happy! :biggrin:

Decision 1: 88 UMS (61 raw marks) - Grade A
Very very happy with this. D1 went alright for me but I knew I'd messed up some pretty big questions so I wasn't expecting anything amazing. I'm surprised that the boundaries are still so good for D1 since it wasn't a hard paper by any means, nor was it too long (they learnt from last year! :redface:) so I was surprised to find that 88 UMS was only 61 marks - I'm not complaining though!! :woo:

Decision 2: 83 UMS (62 raw marks) - Grade A
I have to admit, I was a little bit surprised and disappointed with my UMS for this exam. I thought that it had gone a lot better than it actually did, and when I first saw the UMS without knowing how many raw marks it was equivalent to..I was shocked. But, thinking back, it was a very easy paper and the majority of people who sit it are further mathematicians so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I'm not disappointed that I missed the A*, I knew I had straight away, but I do wish I'd gotten slightly higher UMS.

Overall: 263 UMS - Grade A
Soooooo happy :woo: I know now that I'm well on track to get an A in FM next year (an A* maaaay be a bit ambitious, I will try but I won't be too upset if I miss it :nah:). I'm relieved too, as there was a period of time a few months ago where I didn't think any of this would be possible! :colondollar:

Where do I go from here?
I'm carrying on at sixth form into Year 13, not dropping any subjects :nah: so I'll still be doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and an EPQ. Keep an eye out for my third and final GYG - coming soon to a forum near you :wink:

Just want to say a massive massive THANK YOU to everyone who's supported me this year, whether it's been through reassuring me that I will get there in the end, congratulating me for little successes or telling me to stop moaning and get my act together :colondollar: I hope I've done you all proud :grouphugs:

Quoting in anyone who I think may be interested...

massive apologies for the fact that i haven't been on tsr for a long time so have only just seen this, but a huge congratulations to you for your results! i know that i have already congratulated you on snapchat, but you should honestly be so proud! good luck for next year and let us know how it goes! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending