Would anyone know how to go about doing this in very little time?

Watch
imogen_chip
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Task One – Read The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood. In this novel, an imaginary world is created. Write a 500-word book review, commenting on how the author uses language to create that world.

Task Two – Read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald and write a 500-word monologue, in the voice of one of the main characters, describing their view of a particular event in the text.

Task Three – Read The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks. In this novel, the protagonist Frank learns a devastating secret about his past. Write a 500-word play script for a five-minute dialogue between Frank and his friend Jamie, where Frank reveals to Jamie everything…
Hildi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1) Go on Sparknotes/a study guide, and find a summary of each book and particular chapters that focus on the things you're being asked to write about. For Handmaids eg: try to look at chapters where the setting and its rules and customs are described, for Gatsby try to look at significant/dramatic events which impact on main characters and for The Wasp Factory find the chapters which talk about the secret that's being revealed
2) Read those chapters in the books
3) Use those chapters to complete your homework tasks
4) Read the rest of the books - before or after handing the work in

If you can read/write quickly, you could do all of this in 1-3 days, so it's pretty simple
imogen_chip
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Hildi)
1) Go on Sparknotes/a study guide, and find a summary of each book and particular chapters that focus on the things you're being asked to write about. For Handmaids eg: try to look at chapters where the setting and its rules and customs are described, for Gatsby try to look at significant/dramatic events which impact on main characters and for The Wasp Factory find the chapters which talk about the secret that's being revealed
2) Read those chapters in the books
3) Use those chapters to complete your homework tasks
4) Read the rest of the books - before or after handing the work in

If you can read/write quickly, you could do all of this in 1-3 days, so it's pretty simple
You are a hero , cheers!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (63)
4.52%
Uncertainty around my education (216)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (153)
10.98%
Lack of purpose or motivation (198)
14.21%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (60)
4.31%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (81)
5.81%
Loneliness (124)
8.9%
Financial worries (48)
3.45%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (64)
4.59%
Exposure to negative news/social media (66)
4.74%
Lack of real life entertainment (72)
5.17%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (120)
8.61%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (128)
9.19%

Watched Threads