Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The date is near, and Im not sure where I stand with my achievements, and thought someone could tell me if I have any hope to do Medicine?!
    GCSE: 8A* ,4A and a Distinction in Additional Maths
    As: 4As (The 3 Science and Maths)
    A2: Currently doing Biol, Chem and Maths (and The Welsh Bacc...)

UKCAT: Avarage of 680 (is that any good?!)
    VR: 630
    QR:720
    AR: 690
    SJT: Band 2 (is this going to be a issue?!)

Have been teaching maths to year 7s for a year and done loads of one week work experience, such as Volunteering at a Science Tent at a Welsh festival, care homes, hospital, leadership course, and a day at a GP

Swim regularly (grade 4 on the piano if thay counts for anything, hahah)

Do I even have a chance at Medicine because I know how incredibly competitve it is, and if so which Unis? I thought maybe Cardiff and Liverpool, but is my Ukcat too low for Liverpool? And any suggestions for the other two? Thanks!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Twm2)
    The date is near, and Im not sure where I stand with my achievements, and thought someone could tell me if I have any hope to do Medicine?!
    GCSE: 8A* ,4A and a Distinction in Additional Maths
    As: 4As (The 3 Science and Maths)
    A2: Currently doing Biol, Chem and Maths (and The Welsh Bacc...)

UKCAT: Avarage of 680 (is that any good?!)
    VR: 630
    QR:720
    AR: 690
    SJT: Band 2 (is this going to be a issue?!)

Have been teaching maths to year 7s for a year and done loads of one week work experience, such as Volunteering at a Science Tent at a Welsh festival, care homes, hospital, leadership course, and a day at a GP

Swim regularly (grade 4 on the piano if thay counts for anything, hahah)

Do I even have a chance at Medicine because I know how incredibly competitve it is, and if so which Unis? I thought maybe Cardiff and Liverpool, but is my Ukcat too low for Liverpool? And any suggestions for the other two? Thanks!!
    Last year for Cardiff you needed 8A*s and 1A at GCSE to include english language, bio, Chem, physics and maths OR an amazing personal statement if you have less!
    Your UKCAT is definetly good!

Liverpool is a good choice, have a look at leicester, nottingam, HYMS, UEA, SGUL, birmingham, manchester, aberdeen as these may be good for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.