Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I have got a question about GCSE, as I will be doing BTEC level 3 Subsidiary medical science this year but with funcional skill English level 1, so it means that I will be doing GCSE English in the last year of my level 3

I heard that I have to start apply for the university between Sep-Oct of next year, I will have to apply through UCAS Website and I will have to use GCSE English, manths and my BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary grade.

So I wondering, what should I do if I don't have GCSE English at the end of my subsidiary year?

Ps. I have got BTEC Level 2 certificate and I will finish my A-level Chemistry the same time as BTEC Subsidiary.

Any suggestion? Please help.

Thank you so much I do appreciate your helps x
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Natasha2306)
    Hi there,

I have got a question about GCSE, as I will be doing BTEC level 3 Subsidiary medical science this year but with funcional skill English level 1, so it means that I will be doing GCSE English in the last year of my level 3

I heard that I have to start apply for the university between Sep-Oct of next year, I will have to apply through UCAS Website and I will have to use GCSE English, manths and my BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary grade.

So I wondering, what should I do if I don't have GCSE English at the end of my subsidiary year?

Ps. I have got BTEC Level 2 certificate and I will finish my A-level Chemistry the same time as BTEC Subsidiary.

Any suggestion? Please help.

Thank you so much I do appreciate your helps x
    What course are you aiming to apply for?

You will need a C in GCSE english to get into university, some may accept a predicted C but some may not so make sure you ask!

You may have to take a gap year and apply to university with the achieved C in english level 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    What course are you aiming to apply for?

You will need a C in GCSE english to get into university, some may accept a predicted C but some may not so make sure you ask!

You may have to take a gap year and apply to university with the achieved C in english level 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Natalie,

First of all thank you so much for your informations.

I would like to apply for Medicine of Gateway to Medicine in University of Bristol.

As I have found they are likely to accept me as Medicine or Gateway to medincine course (Because I'm doind BTEC).

I also wondering, I don't have 5-6 GCSEs as many universities require but instead of that I do have BTEC Level 2 qualification, will I be able to get in to Uni?

Thanks a lot for your helps! X
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Natasha2306)
    Hi Natalie,

First of all thank you so much for your informations.

I would like to apply for Medicine of Gateway to Medicine in University of Bristol.

As I have found they are likely to accept me as Medicine or Gateway to medincine course (Because I'm doind BTEC).

I also wondering, I don't have 5-6 GCSEs as many universities require but instead of that I do have BTEC Level 2 qualification, will I be able to get in to Uni?

Thanks a lot for your helps! X
    Your case is very different, generally for medicine you will need grade Bs in english language, maths and the sciences at GCSE, but i am not to sure how the gateway to medicine at bristol works. For normal medicine at bristol you need 6 A grades at GCSE.

My only worry is why your doing a BTEC? If you are doing it because you struggled to much with Alevels you are likely to find medicine incredibly hard, this is also the case if you struggle wirh english langauge, but there is time yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.