Craziest Football match you ever been to or watched

Watch
username47781
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So what's the craziest match you either been to or watched on TV?

There's a few that spring to my mind with Aston Villa, like when they beat Blackburn 6-4 in the League Cup a few years back, When they somehow blew a a 4-1 lead against Leicester City to draw 4 all years back now.
Conzy210
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely the 4-4 between Newcastle and Arsenal. Don't think I've ever felt SJP explode like it did when Tiote scored.

Considering I've witnessed some great wins (and probably more losses) it's amazing a game where we drew I can't imagine being beaten.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username47781
Rep:
?
(Original post by Conzy210)
Definitely the 4-4 between Newcastle and Arsenal. Don't think I've ever felt SJP explode like it did when Tiote scored.

Considering I've witnessed some great wins (and probably more losses) it's amazing a game where we drew I can't imagine being beaten.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Remember that, weren't Arsenal 4-0 up at one point
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Weren't Portsmouth involved in a 7-4 and 6-4 in the Premier League?
Conzy210
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rock Fan)
Remember that, weren't Arsenal 4-0 up at one point
They were 4-0 up with about 60 minutes played. Tiote's goal was also a screamer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
SCIENCE :D
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Even though we lost I would have to say Man utd vs Real Madrid at Old Trafford in 2013. When united scored the first goal I have never experienced anything as loud. Good to see Ronaldo return to Old Trafford as well, even though he scored haha.
username47781
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
Weren't Portsmouth involved in a 7-4 and 6-4 in the Premier League?
Yes that was against Reading, seem to remember also Reading losting 7.5 to Arsenal

(Original post by Conzy210)
They were 4-0 up with about 60 minutes played. Tiote's goal was also a screamer.

Ha unbelievable the old Arsenal would never do that but it was funny seeing Wenger's face at the end.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by SCIENCE :D)
Even though we lost I would have to say Man utd vs Real Madrid at Old Trafford in 2013. When united scored the first goal I have never experienced anything as loud. Good to see Ronaldo return to Old Trafford as well, even though he scored haha.
I remember a better on than that Man United winning 4.3 against Real Madrid but Ronaldo (Brazilian one) scored a hatrick

redbronze1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's gotta be Man City - QPR for me.

"Agueroooooooooooo!!!!"
scriggy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by redbronze1)
It's gotta be Man City - QPR for me.

"Agueroooooooooooo!!!!"
I'm never going to get tired of watching that. Still get goosebumps every time and I'm not even slightly a Man City fan. I remember getting in from work to watch the second half and it just all kicking off. Barton going crazy, Joe Hart taking throw ins from the halfway line... the camera cutting to Michael Owen prematurely celebrating Honestly don't think that'll ever be beaten, it's a story we'll literally be telling our Grandchildren.

Best live game I've been too has already been mentioned as well. Newcastle 4- 4 Arsenal. Unbelievable scenes that day and the reason why I don't mind Cheick Tiote staying as long as he wants.

Finally an honourable mention to our final home game last season when we beat Spurs 5-1. A relegated team going down to 10 men against the then 2nd place side who desperately needed a result for their own personal pride and we absolutely tore them to pieces.
username47781
Rep:
?
I remember one as well when Villa played Everton and Joleon Lescott thought he saved the match with a 92nd minute equaliser only for Ashley Young to go straight down the other end to score.
scriggy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Watched this live on tv at the time. Doncaster went from staring 3rd place in the face to being Champions of League One in the space of about 30 seconds. Scenes.

Which was then weirdly followed up by something more famous and very similar a couple of weeks later.

Doubt that Leicester are bothered by that anymore mind. Jamie Vardy and Harry Kane on the benches for that game apparently too.
username917703
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely Newcastle & Arsenal. Wish ArsenalFanTV was a thing back then.

Brazil 1 - 7 Germany - I know it's an obvious one but it is the peak for me in terms of head****ery. Never seen anything like it and doubt I ever will again. Brazil just melting and letting the Germans walk through their midfield and roll the ball in. Fans crying 25 mins in
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
City at home last season

On a serious note, the 7-1 is a good shout. Khedira and Kroos kept passing it square and scoring tap-ins for like 10 minutes straight - that's my recollection of the match.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Middlesbrough's two comebacks in the UEFA Cup in the mid 00s. They needed four goals at home in the QF against Basel in the second leg after they lost the first 2-0 in Basel, then in the return leg at home, Basel got the away goal. They scored the four goals. Then in the semis against Steaua Bucharest they lost the first leg away 1-0 and Steaua scored two away goals early in the second leg at the Riverside. Another four goals needed.

Doing it twice was unbelievable.

Oh and Real Madrid 3 - 4 Barcelona a couple of seasons back. Now that was a football match.
user 42005
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't think of a particular club football game off the top of my head, but Germany vs Brazil in the World Cup was pretty hilarious
user73867
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That night for the miracle of Istanbul.
username917703
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Barcelona 2 - 2 Chelsea in the CL semi in 2012. Couldn't believe that tbh.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Supersaps)
That night for the miracle of Istanbul.
IKR. Can't believe Milan bottled a 3-2 lead. They only had to hold on for 34 minutes.
FightToWin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would've said Brazil vs Germany but that's pretty obvious, so I'd have to say that England vs Sweden game where Ibrahimovíc scored that overhead kick from outside the box. Even though it was against us, seeing a goal like that live was a pleasure to watch. Even the commentators were speechless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username47781
Rep:
?
Arshaving scoring all four for Arsenal against Liverpool when they drew four all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (21)
30.88%
No (47)
69.12%

Watched Threads