Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I was doing my AVCE I was 19, so I was too old for college grants, too old for EMA and too old for child benefit. I could not claim the dole or income support as I was classed as full time education. This was a very hard time for me and my parents.

So I had to live for a year without any real income. Now I have my loan I give my mum £100 a term of it, plus I have lent for around £2000 so far for house repairs although she pays me back £30 a month for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    When I was doing my AVCE I was 19, so I was too old for college grants, too old for EMA and too old for child benefit. I could not claim the dole or income support as I was classed as full time education. This was a very hard time for me and my parents.

So I had to live for a year without any real income. Now I have my loan I give my mum £100 a term of it, plus I have lent for around £2000 so far for house repairs although she pays me back £30 a month for this.
    Wow thats nice of you to do that, you must be skint

ReputationRep:
    Is it true that if you don't get along with your Mum, you'll never be able to have a proper relationship with a woman?

(Original post by SamTheMan)
    Is it true that if you don't get along with your Mum, you'll never be able to have a proper relationship with a woman?
    I bloody hope not! :eek:

ReputationRep:

well I do get along with my sister and my mates, so not getting along with my mum, hasnt had an effect on me yet. In fact I think its made me feel like I could be a better mother, I cant wait to have kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I bloody hope not! :eek:
    I've heard it a lot. Same here, my Mum is really hard to get along with but I try my best... (well actually, not really )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    Wow thats nice of you to do that, you must be skint
    I live at home so lending my mum interest free money isn't too much of a hardship. I am skint now but thats only because my holiday is going to cost me £600

ReputationRep:
    I live at home so lending my mum interest free money isn't too much of a hardship. I am skint now but thats only because my holiday is going to cost me £600
    LOL.... cool where are you going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    well I do get along with my sister and my mates, so not getting along with my mum, hasnt had an effect on me yet. In fact I think its made me feel like I could be a better mother, I cant wait to have kids.
    It applies more to guys I think. Something to do with Oedipus... your relationship with your mother will be your model for the rest of your relationships with the opposite sex.

For girls, people say that they look for guys who are just like their dad or the complete opposite, if they're in their rebellious phase

ReputationRep:
    It applies more to guys I think. Something to do with Oedipus... your relationship with your mother will be your model for the rest of your relationships with the opposite sex.

For girls, people say that they look for guys who are just like their dad or the complete opposite, if they're in their rebellious phase

Yeah I know about this, the electra and oedipus phase. Learnt it in psychology. Its pretty sick though all the fancying your opposite sex parent. But I know I definately want a guy whose opposite to my dad.

ReputationRep:
    It applies more to guys I think. Something to do with Oedipus... your relationship with your mother will be your model for the rest of your relationships with the opposite sex .

So is that what you are looking for?!

ReputationRep:
    Stupid mum woke me up early this morning, just so she can argue with me. Her stupid tax letters came, and just because when I turn 19, the money she gets from the goverment will be cut alot, she started having a go at me. Saying that she wished I still was a kid and told me to get a loan and give it to her, :eek: What a day.
    My parents are the opposite they'd like me to grow up ASAP - according to them the sooner I turn eighteen the better then they can fly off to the USA and live happily ever after without having to constantly worry me :eek: I think they'd have preferred it if I had applied to an American University but I didn't but I'm showing them I'm independent - I now have two jobs - one tutoring, which I love, and a part time job at Oasis (pretty good for someone who vowed they wouldn't work until after Uni)

ReputationRep:
    Stupid mum woke me up early this morning, just so she can argue with me. Her stupid tax letters came, and just because when I turn 19, the money she gets from the goverment will be cut alot, she started having a go at me. Saying that she wished I still was a kid and told me to get a loan and give it to her, :eek: What a day.

WooooooooooooooooooooooW :eek: i know im not making this any better, "dont hate me for it " but WTF, and if it makes you feel better:

The world is full of them

ReputationRep:
    But I know I definately want a guy whose opposite to my dad.
    Same here. Freud didn't have a clue when it came to women though!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know about this, the electra and oedipus phase. Learnt it in psychology. Its pretty sick though all the fancying your opposite sex parent. But I know I definately want a guy whose opposite to my dad.
    Well, remember that the it is just subconcious, so you really arn't going to seduce your dad and kill your mum.

ReputationRep:

Do you actually believe that trash? It's called the Oedipus/Electra complex. For males if you identify strongly with your father when younger = you have better moral values, for females (Elextra Complex) you apparantly resent your mother because you have 'penis-envy' - you think your mother caused your castration?! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Investmentboy)
    LOL.... cool where are you going?
    Well I will be making an anouncement later in the week just so people know I haven't vanished (not that any gives sh*t) but I am spending 4 days in Barcelona and 3 in Lloret Del Mar.

ReputationRep:
    When i did my AVCE there was some girl who had to pay the fees for VCE HSC and she had to drop out the second year because she couldn't get the money for the course. Such a shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    Do you actually believe that trash? It's called the Oedipus/Electra complex. For males if you identify strongly with your father when younger = you have better moral values, for females (Elextra Complex) you apparantly resent your mother because you have 'penis-envy' - you think your mother caused your castration?! :rolleyes:
    well there's some truth in all that and you notice a lot of girls going for the opposite of their dad during their rebellious phase and ending up marrying a clone of their dad...

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.