Get over first love Watch

ph9
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
After a fashion; yes. My brain derives a perverse satisfaction from polished syntax. Possibly because I don't really sate it much otherwise (much to my discredit).
you're a bit odd. why don't you manage a website where people type things in and you generate a profesh way of saying it? you could probably make some money from that.

if the words you type here though actually do come out of your mouth in sound form... i feel a bit bad for the people that have to listen to you lol. i mean that in the nicest way possible, though i'm sure your high self doesn't care if i mean it horribly anyway :p: it's a headache enough reading it over and over, let alone having to listen to it i imagine.

weirdo
ph9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by irisng)
It's utterly stupid to kill yourself over a guy.
or just a love interest in general which didn't work out. i totally agree.
Consie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
how is it difficult to read well constructed sentances? When he starts getting hperbolic, ambigious, or abstract, it can be a bit of a hasile, but normally theyre just sentances
ph9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
it's not difficult to read well constructed sentences. i don't remember saying that.
Consie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You never, but you were commenting on how hard he is to read, and given he writes some sentances well in terms of syntax, surely they must be easy to read becasue they're well constructed?

Im not in the Profesh corner or anything, I just didnt quite get how its hard to read a well written sentance.
ph9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i never actually said it was hard to read either. i said it's a bit of a headache reading it over and over let alone having to listen to it because it's such a mouthful. it's like half the dictionary squashed into one sentence... i didn't comment on the way it was structured at all. if we're being pedantic.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ph9)
you're a bit odd. why don't you manage a website where people type things in and you generate a profesh way of saying it? you could probably make some money from that.

if the words you type here though actually do come out of your mouth in sound form... i feel a bit bad for the people that have to listen to you lol. i mean that in the nicest way possible, though i'm sure your high self doesn't care if i mean it horribly anyway :p: it's a headache enough reading it over and over, let alone having to listen to it i imagine.

weirdo
It seems to enthrall as many people as it alienates, I'll tell you that much.
ph9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It seems to enthrall as many people as it alienates, I'll tell you that much.
nah, i reckon that when they're standing there in front of you with, mouth open, eyes glazed over, it's because they're wondering wtf you just said

no i'm sure your way of speaking does captivate many. if you actually do speak like this. i bet you talk just like any other average joe in reality *beady eyes*
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ph9)
nah, i reckon that when they're standing there in front of you with, mouth open, eyes glazed over, it's because they're wondering wtf you just said

no i'm sure your way of speaking does captivate many. if you actually do speak like this. i bet you talk just like any other average joe in reality *beady eyes*
Curiously, it seems to bear all the hallmarks of a minor form of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
ph9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Curiously, it seems to bear all the hallmarks of a minor form of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
lol

and you're telling me you're familiar with the feeling of unrequited infatuation? as if. you must be extremely quiet or lacking in self confidence if that's the case.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ph9)
lol

and you're telling me you're familiar with the feeling of unrequited infatuation? as if. you must be extremely quiet or lacking in self confidence if that's the case.
Nope. I'm just ginger, really. (Ginger, that is, and weird-looking.)
ph9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ah, that's no excuse i'm afraid; (the excessively gorgeous) rupert grint is ginger, i'm sure you've noticed.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ph9)
ah, that's no excuse i'm afraid; (the excessively gorgeous) rupert grint is ginger, i'm sure you've noticed.
I'm sure it's some excuse. Besides, let's be fair; we've not all enjoyed his level of 'exposure' (though perhaps not on a par with Daniel Radcliffe's).

Just 'weird-looking', then.
ph9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm sure it's some excuse. Besides, let's be fair; we've not all enjoyed his level of 'exposure' (though perhaps not on a par with Daniel Radcliffe's).

Just 'weird-looking', then.
pff, speak for yourself. not enough exposure imo (that's rupert grint, mind, not daniel radcliffe)

as for being 'weird looking', i see your eyes, nose and mouth are where they should be. bit of an insult to people who have eyes on their chin and a mouth halfway up their face

there. i've pissed on your bonfire. i've stripped you of your excuses with my profound insight haven't i? wow i really do thrive on sleep deprivation.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ph9)
pff, speak for yourself. not enough exposure imo (that's rupert grint, mind, not daniel radcliffe)
I shouldn't presume to speak for anybody else.

as for being 'weird looking', i see your eyes, nose and mouth are where they should be. bit of an insult to people who have eyes on their chin and a mouth halfway up their face
Evidently, I was born behind my time: situate me in the midst of 1650s England, circa the height of the bubonic plague, and I daresay I'd be staving-off veritable hordes of would-be suitors. With a... staff.

there. i've pissed on your bonfire. i've stripped you of your excuses with my profound insight haven't i? wow i really do thrive on sleep deprivation.
I've got all morning.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
It's hard to and, as people have said before, it's likely that I'd never truly will. That scares me. I can be angry because I feel that I can be wasting time or effort on her. She does reciprocate but when she wants someone else then it hits. then i break down in tears, then I feel nothing, then desperation to be with her, then anger. It's a stupid cycle I can't break out of I tell myself to try to move on, and it works for a while. Realisation comes and it's not a pretty picture. What hurts is I feel I was being more of a partner as of late; in what I did with and for her. But I can't change the way she feels, and she won't stop liking this guy just like that either. But now I can't think or do things properly because it's on my mind 24.7.
ph9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Evidently, I was born behind my time: situate me in the midst of 1650s England, circa the height of the bubonic plague, and I daresay I'd have been staving-off veritable hordes of would-be suitors. With a... staff.
The bubonic plague, huh. Such a positive outlook on yourself Unfortunately though it's 2007 and people don't walk around with a staff (I wasn't actually aware they ever did. APART from gandalf and saruman but they weren't real people, only wizards).

I've got all morning.
all morning? you mean the whole 3 hours left of it?

i can't believe i actually stayed up posting on tsr. oh dear.
ph9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It's hard to and, as people have said before, it's likely that I'd never truly will. That scares me. I can be angry because I feel that I can be wasting time or effort on her. She does reciprocate but when she wants someone else then it hits. then i break down in tears, then I feel nothing, then desperation to be with her, then anger. It's a stupid cycle I can't break out of I tell myself to try to move on, and it works for a while. Realisation comes and it's not a pretty picture. What hurts is I feel I was being more of a partner as of late; in what I did with and for her. But I can't change the way she feels, and she won't stop liking this guy just like that either. But now I can't think or do things properly because it's on my mind 24.7.
you remind me a lot of my friend who got dumped a few months ago and has found it really really hard coping with it. It helped her remembering all the bad things about him and why, really, he was a terrible boyfriend.

It would also help if you lost complete contact with her. I mean every single way possible. Completely wipe her out of your life.
Consie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I bet you you will though. I never thought I would. Ill always remember her massive boobs and slamming body ect, but once you get off with another girl you realise that she (your ex) was just another human, with all the faults normal humans have, she wasnt some embodyment of perfection as its easily to retrospecivly think of them as.

Go out, have a few pints, and pull. It sounds so bad, I thought it was, but its not once you do it. Helps you get over them really well, no matter how much you still think your attached to them, honestly. Even if your still in the mindset of not thinking other girls are attractive, a few pints sorts that out.

Im not trying as hard as i can to sound like a typical bloke here either, it honestly works.
pumpkin7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
time is the best healer. everyone says it, and it's true. also finding someone else helps.
my ex was with me for 2 years, and then he started uni and it all went to pot. i spent ages trying to win him back, to no avail. he's a **** though to be fair, never put me first, and i can't say i like the bloke at all.
i still can't get him off my mind though, almost 10 months later, he still haunts me. for the first time in 10 months i went through all the emails he sent me last night. i couldn't do it before now, but i really don't care any more. i haven't spoken to him for almost 6 months. i hear things about him (normally bad things, like he's gotten dumped ha) but he's almost like someone who has been planted in my mind. i know of him, but i can't really remember what he was like or how he acted. it's hard to explain. all our time together is hazy.
but you know, you move on, you get over it. it's how it works. i'm now with someone who i love even more than my ex, and i'm planning on moving in with him soon.
just goes to show, when one door closes, another one always opens.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (166)
18.57%
No (543)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (185)
20.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed