This discussion is closed.
alio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
my friend came round today because she wanted to book an holiday for our friends this year and we were discussing what dates to go on etc. i said to her its better for me to go when the university has an holiday so i wont miss any classes. she said ' have you got into uni yet' and i said no so she said ' well you might not even get in'. as much as this is true lol i found it a bit offensive the way she said it and now i feel guilty evrytime i mention university to her coz i feel like im bragging r something.

its kind of turned me against her though but am i over reacting? :confused:
i think this results waitis sending me mad lol
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)
my friend came round today because she wanted to book an holiday for our friends this year and we were discussing what dates to go on etc. i said to her its better for me to go when the university has an holiday so i wont miss any classes. she said ' have you got into uni yet' and i said no so she said ' well you might not even get in'. as much as this is true lol i found it a bit offensive the way she said it and now i feel guilty evrytime i mention university to her coz i feel like im bragging r something.

Nah dont be offended by it, lots of people can be slightly insensitive about this issue and not very understanding, most of them dont really know how much the whole thing means to you etc.. Im sure she didnt mean to be so harsh
alio
Rep:
?
(Original post by bradders)
You're over-reacting. Now that you're Uni-aged, don't get so hung up on people's every word.
ok thanks, its just part of my personality though i suppose i take evry insult seriosly :rolleyes:
Cyst
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I take it she is not going to uni then?
alio
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cyst)
I take it she is not going to uni then?
no she started work straight after GCSE's, she got all D's but she was chuffed although shes quite clever
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)
no she started work straight after GCSE's, she got all D's but she was chuffed although shes quite clever
Sounds it
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thenarbisbanned)
Sounds it
lol! I almost said the exact same thing.
alio
Rep:
?
Sounds it
lol, seriously she can beat me at chess or draughts any day
Chubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)
ok thanks, its just part of my personality though i suppose i take evry insult seriosly :rolleyes:
I'm the same though I tend to blame the fact that other people arn't sensitive enough instead of blaming myself.
thenarbisbanned
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)
lol, seriously she can beat me at chess or draughts any day
Im not even gonna comment on that one
alio
Rep:
?
well i always thought it required intelligence :cool:
tis_me_lord
Badges: 14
Report 15 years ago
lol, shall i do the honor instead?
Lithium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by alio)

Dont let anyone get you down, just dont lsn to anyone, you know ur self, and think about it this way: There aint nthn you can do about NOW, so jsut let it go

best of wishes,

_KOH_
sneezyme
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think it was a bit harsh of her to say that, so don't blame yourself, you weren't being over confident or bragging, it was just thinking positively, that you'll get in! but don't get too hung up on what she said either, i'm sure she'll realise soon enough that it was wrong of her and apologize
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (40)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (46)
23.96%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (35)
18.23%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (41)
21.35%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.33%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.29%

Watched Threads