Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    my friend came round today because she wanted to book an holiday for our friends this year and we were discussing what dates to go on etc. i said to her its better for me to go when the university has an holiday so i wont miss any classes. she said ' have you got into uni yet' and i said no so she said ' well you might not even get in'. as much as this is true lol i found it a bit offensive the way she said it and now i feel guilty evrytime i mention university to her coz i feel like im bragging r something.

its kind of turned me against her though but am i over reacting? :confused:
    i think this results waitis sending me mad lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    my friend came round today because she wanted to book an holiday for our friends this year and we were discussing what dates to go on etc. i said to her its better for me to go when the university has an holiday so i wont miss any classes. she said ' have you got into uni yet' and i said no so she said ' well you might not even get in'. as much as this is true lol i found it a bit offensive the way she said it and now i feel guilty evrytime i mention university to her coz i feel like im bragging r something.

Nah dont be offended by it, lots of people can be slightly insensitive about this issue and not very understanding, most of them dont really know how much the whole thing means to you etc.. Im sure she didnt mean to be so harsh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradders)
    You're over-reacting. Now that you're Uni-aged, don't get so hung up on people's every word.
    ok thanks, its just part of my personality though i suppose i take evry insult seriosly :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I take it she is not going to uni then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyst)
    I take it she is not going to uni then?
    no she started work straight after GCSE's, she got all D's but she was chuffed although shes quite clever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    no she started work straight after GCSE's, she got all D's but she was chuffed although shes quite clever
    Sounds it

(Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Sounds it
    lol! I almost said the exact same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds it
    lol, seriously she can beat me at chess or draughts any day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    ok thanks, its just part of my personality though i suppose i take evry insult seriosly :rolleyes:
    I'm the same though I tend to blame the fact that other people arn't sensitive enough instead of blaming myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    lol, seriously she can beat me at chess or draughts any day
    Im not even gonna comment on that one

ReputationRep:
    well i always thought it required intelligence :cool:

lol, shall i do the honor instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)

Dont let anyone get you down, just dont lsn to anyone, you know ur self, and think about it this way: There aint nthn you can do about NOW, so jsut let it go

best of wishes,

_KOH_

ReputationRep:
    i think it was a bit harsh of her to say that, so don't blame yourself, you weren't being over confident or bragging, it was just thinking positively, that you'll get in! but don't get too hung up on what she said either, i'm sure she'll realise soon enough that it was wrong of her and apologize

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.