The Student Room Group

Predcted grades don't match entry requirements for university

I got ABD for AS Level...

I want to apply for Politics and International Relations at Birmingham University the grade requirement is ABB. However, my school is using my AS grades as my A2 predicted grades. I am pessimistic about my chances of getting an offer. What do you think?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Fox Corner so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by costa21

I want to apply for Politics and International Relations at Birmingham University the grade requirement is ABB. However, my school is using my AS grades as my A2 predicted grades. I am pessimistic about my chances of getting an offer. What do you think?

Speak to to your teacher about it. He/she might be able to change the predicted grade from a D into a B which can help ensure the offer.
Original post by costa21

Hi! I want to do politics and international relations, too. I thought about Birmingham but i'm not too sure about the course (who knows my mind might change lol), it's an amazing university though!

You should BEG your teachers to predict you a B, especially if you've done well throughout the year in that subject. Like, just cry and beg them- they can't make you take a gap year or something just because they couldn't be bothered to predict you a B, it's ridiculous.
If they predict you a C, that's still great, but make sure you have a really good personal statement ready! That shows who you are as an individual, make yourself sound like-able. Your personal statement has a big effect on your offers.

Good luck =)

Quick Reply

Latest