Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So for coursework this year, I have to go to a company and interview them about how they add and sell stock and how they customers and make payments etc. Trouble is I don't really know which type of company to go to (obvs one that sells stock to individual client). I was thinking of a bakery or a construction company. Also I'm not to sure on what to ask them. Stuff like how do customers make payments or how to take weekly stock takes, monthly statements, invoices, receipts etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitt1)
    So for coursework this year, I have to go to a company and interview them about how they add and sell stock and how they customers and make payments etc. Trouble is I don't really know which type of company to go to (obvs one that sells stock to individual client). I was thinking of a bakery or a construction company. Also I'm not to sure on what to ask them. Stuff like how do customers make payments or how to take weekly stock takes, monthly statements, invoices, receipts etc.
    Could be any shop that sells things really
    • Art gallery
    • Independent shop
    • Bakery
    • Charity shop
    • Independent shop

Best going for smaller companies as interviewing a cashier in Tesco won't tell you much about how they receive stock and pay for stock etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iHammmy)
    Could be any shop that sells things really
    • Art gallery
    • Independent shop
    • Bakery
    • Charity shop
    • Independent shop
    Best going for smaller companies as interviewing a cashier in Tesco won't tell you much about how they receive stock and pay for stock etc
    Thank you I have already got a business sorted- a friend of my dad's who sells building materials to a construction company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mitt1)
    Thank you I have already got a business sorted- a friend of my dad's who sells building materials to a construction company
    You're welcome

You could ask question like;
    • Where they get their stock from
    • How often they buy stock
    • How much stock they buy
    • How customers purchase things
    • Whether they log customer transactions or not
    • How they store their inventory (do they keep a spreadsheet, database etc)

If you need more help just reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iHammmy)
    You're welcome

You could ask question like;
    • Where they get their stock from
    • How often they buy stock
    • How much stock they buy
    • How customers purchase things
    • Whether they log customer transactions or not
    • How they store their inventory (do they keep a spreadsheet, database etc)
    If you need more help just reply
    I basically have to talk about stock and customer and subquestions of them- e.g where they get there stock and how customers pay

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.