Do you do stupid things when you panic? Watch

Crystaltears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I aaalways do really stupid things when I get myself in a panic.

On Friday I pulled onto a roundabout and I brought my clutch up a bit quick, so it jerked forwards. Then I started panicking because it was busy and I'd just nearly stallked and went to change into 3rd gear and I put the handbrake on instead of changing gear!! I was so lucky there wasn't a car behind me!

The other day I was coming to this junction which is ALWAYS really busy, so I was ready to put my clutch down and break, but when I looked to my right there were only 2 cars to come past and then I could go. So in my head I must have been thinking "Oooh, I can go", so being the idiot I am I didn't even brake to slow down or anything and...well, all I can say is thank god my driving instructor has a set of pedals!

Does anyone else do slack things like this? :p:
mountainmetman
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
We all have off days, I'd rather not thing about the times I've tried to start the engine with the windscreen wipers.
Try and develop a muscle memory of the actions so you don't have to think about them, you should find that you don't make so many errors if your subconscious actions are sorted.
Also always try and remain calm, plan ahead to give yourself time to act and don't worry about the little things.
Crystaltears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Haha.
I think I do plan ahead, and it's when it changes that I panic. I find it hilarious when I do something stupid...my driving instructor has quite different views!
sauce
Badges: 13
Report 11 years ago
all the time :rofl:
changing gears down without braking....
using the windscreen wiper instead of the indicator thingi(boils my instructor's piss a lot)
stalling time and time again get the picture?
kitty_koo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ive got my first driving lesson tomorrow and this thread isnt helping me feel any less terrified, maybe i shouldnt have read it,lol :p:
Remo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by kitty_koo)
ive got my first driving lesson tomorrow and this thread isnt helping me feel any less terrified, maybe i shouldnt have read it,lol :p:
lol. gd luck on ur 1st lesson.
kitty_koo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Remo)
lol. gd luck on ur 1st lesson.
aww, thanks :hugs:
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
you usually don't make many mistakes the first few times, since the instructor will probably help you control it with the dual control pedals!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise