Turn on thread page Beta

tutoring help! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking on some students to tutor maths (which I'm happy doing etc) I'm 17 sitting A2 in may june to come. is there anything in particular I need to know for tutoring? like do I need a spec for their year group? or can I just help them with what they need help with (as its more catch up tutoring?)

ReputationRep:
    See what your students want to do. It might be that they want you to prepare something for each session or it might be that they want to spend an extra hour on this week's classwork or it might be they want to spend all their time on past papers etc.

I would have a look at the spec and make sure you're happy with everything up to the grade above them as there may be something you didn't do during your GCSEs which you need to check the method for. Personally I would then say to them that you will work through the spec together but if they have something specific they do in class that they want to focus on to get in touch and closer to exams you will focus on papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    See what your students want to do. It might be that they want you to prepare something for each session or it might be that they want to spend an extra hour on this week's classwork or it might be they want to spend all their time on past papers etc.

I would have a look at the spec and make sure you're happy with everything up to the grade above them as there may be something you didn't do during your GCSEs which you need to check the method for. Personally I would then say to them that you will work through the spec together but if they have something specific they do in class that they want to focus on to get in touch and closer to exams you will focus on papers.
    they wont have exams this year (y5 and y9) as such so its more class work but thank you for your help!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.