What Excites You Most About Starting Uni? Watch

Poll: What Excites/Excited You Most About Starting Uni?
The course (33)
18.13%
Accommodation/Independence/Social life (131)
71.98%
Other (Specify) (8)
4.4%
I'm not excited/I wasn't excited (10)
5.49%
Trotsky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Heather_1)
You should have an option for everything...
No, I shouldn't, because it is what excites you most.
OddSock
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
so are you telling him that hes not allowed to be equally excited about everything?
Crystaltears
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I cannot wait for the independance and the social life. It's going to be great
Lou_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm excited about studying again... I actually miss doing work lol!

And of course all the fun that's to be had in halls!!
kasias
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I really want to go to a new place, where I don't know anyone and have a whole city (and the south half the country) to explore. That really excites me.

Obviously after a few weeks I'll be done with that but I'll keep trying to do new things. And the course does look AMAZING.
SmilerNuts
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lou_)

And of course all the fun that's to be had in halls!!
I know what you mean. I think i've forgotten how to study over the summer

We all know what you would get up to in halls :p:
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Getting on with my life and studying something I'm interested in.
Horrorshow
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Living in the middle of the best damn city in the whole world, meeting loads of new people (potentially long term friends), the nightlife and the getting mullered that accompanies this.

Oh, I'm sure the course will be great too.
melquíades el gitano
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Am I the only one who's not that excited about uni? I've been on a gap year and was with mates when they started uni, then worked and travelled - I probably ended up going out as much as they did, if not more...Fun as it will be, it just seems like uni will be a comedown from this year rather than an exciting new experience, but that just might be because I'll still be in London.

Hope I'm wrong though:p:
Dark and Lovely
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Independence, meeting new people in particular the opposite sex, social scene....this town is such a sh.....hole in all respects
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 11 years ago
Starting a new course which I have a big interest in but also meeting new people and eyeing up some new men in the place LoL
sonicboooom
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Independence, fresh start, social life. Haven't thought much about the course much as well, which is funny coz that's why you go to uni in the first place. I think it's the prospect of a whole new lifestyle change which is most exciting.
devils_nose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The course, most definitely.. I can't wait to get cracking on it!!

Also - not working ranks pretty high. I cannot wait to be a student bum

I'm already pretty well independant, so am not all that fussed on that score, but the social side is quite exciting (I haven't been very social this year because all my money has gone towards prep for uni)
Jahmez23
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lou_)
i'm sure i'll change my mind after a week or two, but i agree! i've been working full time in a shop over the summer, and i really miss using my head lol.
lizibeth
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
making new friends that have more similar interests to the ones i already have. the ones i have atm are great and everything and i will miss alot of them but some of them ive known for years and we're too different now!
looking forward to the halls and socially stuff! :P
atm im more excited about getting all my stuff for my room to make it look nice!!
Hotspur Warrior
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Most exciting about uni for me will be the course. I'm really looking forward to studying scriptwriting, and taking my basic writing skills and knowledge of the subject and improving over the next three years.

Second most exciting thing about uni is that, by coincidence, I'm going to the same uni as a mate of mine from the other end of the country, so I'll be able to hang out with him often.

Third most exciting thing is every aspect of moving away from home. Although I'll miss home, the people, the routine, etc, I can't wait to get more independence, experience a completely new area of the country, be nearer to big cities and meet new people.
forpolarbears
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The nerds, the parties, the boys (umm actually, Berkeley lacks a bit in quality so I am already planning lots of day trips), and most of all, what I'm taking.
fonzievision
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
All the sex
anonymous1985
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Independence and that type of stuff.
goldenGAZE
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The most exciting thing about uni for me will be

learning Japanese (im hoping to take this as an extra language modular thingy alongside my course which is hopefully bioMed)

joining societies and sports clubs- i really want to do Table tennis at uni, i can't wait oh and i've always wanted to learn poker too--all the possibilities!!:p:

and Meeting new people from all over the place.

im not sure about independance because im still considering whether or not i should move out (i live in London and i will be apply to london uni's lol so not sure if i should risk the extra cost, but my house is just too noisy i have a BIG family you see.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (203)
27.51%
No (535)
72.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise