What Excites You Most About Starting Uni? Watch

Poll: What Excites/Excited You Most About Starting Uni?
The course (33)
18.13%
Accommodation/Independence/Social life (131)
71.98%
Other (Specify) (8)
4.4%
I'm not excited/I wasn't excited (10)
5.49%
trm90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm ecstatic about the course I'm going to be taking. Also, since I love clubbing so much, I'm going to be really relieved that I can do it without any curfew or transportation restraints.

I'm just happy that I'll get to meet loads of new people, but also, since I love the course I'm going to do that I'll definitely make sure it's my top priority so I don't get pissed too often.
mc_hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Several things, firstly living in Brighton and also going back into education.
hayley83
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
The course. I already live with my partner and children so I have my independence already and I am staying in my home town. I'm looking forward to the social life and University life in general though.
Zarogue
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The chance to point myself in a new direction through learning and taking aboard the whole experience. Although being 35 years old, married with 2 kids and living in the city where I'm going to study kind of puts looking forward to independance and random intoxicated sexual encounters out of my league.
Font
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
other: meeting new people! I didn't really get along with anyone in highschool - was always a social outcast
AverageGuyOnTheStreet
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Escaping from my parents. Other than that, nothing. I technically don't actually want to go.
taylor3205
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The course and feeling as though I am actually accomplishing something worthwhile and meeting new people.

Like many mature students I have had my independace for a while now, Im in a long term relationship and doing what I want when I want and partying is nothing new to me what so ever. In fact doing so to the extreme and not knuckling down is a big reason why I am returning to education as a mature student in the first place.
louisedotcom
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I selected 'Other' as I cant decide what im most excited about.

I really cant wait to study psychology again, as I loved it at As and havent studied it in more than 2 years.

Although im also very excited about the social side, meeting new friends, and my accommodation.
I love the look of where im staying, and the SU, events, and various other things about the uni look great. I just cant wait to start!

Im also really excited about moving out. Everyone in my house is a smoker- and they are all inconsiderate meaning they smoke in every room of the house knowing full well I find it revolting. It means I wake up with a sore throat and blocked nose every morning- im looking forward to waking up everyday in my lovely non smoking building. Lovely.
Consie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Escaping from my parents. Other than that, nothing. I technically don't actually want to go.
Cheer up, it will be awesome if you let it be awesome.
AverageGuyOnTheStreet
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Consie)
Cheer up, it will be awesome if you let it be awesome.
I know it can be a good thing, and that's what I hope. But this is my second time going to uni (I dropped out of my original course) and I happen to not be motivated to study. I've seriously considered deferring but have decided against it for the sake of my sanity. I'm more scared that it is all or nothing this time.
cupandspoon
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hermaphrodite)
moving away from home
:ditto:

I'm sick of living in Oxford!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (280)
27.56%
No (736)
72.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise