Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    So, I have been told that i cannot get into uni this year without my GCSEs in Maths (E grade) & English (D grade) as they are under a C grade. I thought right so there must be a course that I can get onto that I can do my GCSEs again with. I looked at the Access course for nursing & healthcare professionals thought i could get onto that, nope cant do that as I don't have a C grade. Anyway spoke to the college and they do a pre-access course which I think is equivalent to GCSES but not sure? What GCSES exactly? Can I get onto a nursing degree with the PRE-ACCESS COURSE and the access course itself? I'm 25 years old..by the time I've finished ill be 31. Is it all worth it?


    I am 33 and have just completed an adults "fast track" GCSE course to get my grades up to a C.
    I'm starting my access course this week

    You should call back your college to clarify your question, don't be shy its your future at stake.

    *If* I manage to complete my degree I will be 38. Don't hold yourself back, you're a baby!
    Remember that you won't be retiring until gone 65 years old.

    Don't deny yourself a good career and better wages for 30+ years! x
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

    Study tools


    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Thinking about uni already?

    Thinking about uni already?

    See where you can apply with our uni match tool

    Student chat

    Ask a question

    Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


    Make study resources

    Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


    Create your own Study Plan

    Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

    Resources by subject

    From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


    Find past papers

    100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

    Help out other students

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Write a reply...
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.