computer enginnering vs medicine

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I like both and am good at math and all sciences which is harder and more enjoyable I enjoy computing as well as maths/science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dcencima)
    I like both and am good at math and all sciences which is harder and more enjoyable I enjoy computing as well as maths/science
    Medicine is not like a science degree, its a vocational degree where your trained to become a qualified doctor, hence in clinical years you will no longer be learning "core science" but will be learning clinical examinations, how to diagnose, treat and manage patients etc.

Medicine really isnt a light hearted choice, its a long hard degree with high contact hours and super competitive to get into. once graduated you will have to spend many more years sitting exams and studying to get to a consultant level, you will be working incredibly long hours with few breaks and for not that great pay initially. You really need to think about whether medicine is for you as 100% commitment for the degree is needed.

To get into medicine applicants on average will have a decent number of A*s at GCSE, taken bio and chem to A2 and achieved AAA or A*AA at A2, need to sit entrance exams and get good scores as well as get work experience and voluntary work in a caring role. So its in no way easy to get in, if your serious about medicine then go for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what would be a decent number of a* in gcse

ReputationRep:
    what would be a decent number of a* in gcse
    The average applicant have 5/6A*s but you can get in with more or need more to get in depending on the med school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalierm2707)
    The average applicant have 5/6A*s but you can get in with more or need more to get in depending on the med school.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    if you dont mind me asking what med school do u go to

ReputationRep:
    Get some work experience, because I've known a lot of people who have changed their minds.

ReputationRep:
    Cardiff, just gone into second year.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which is the best season?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.