Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I achieved ABBD at AS level (Sociology, Economics, Politics, German), which of course isn't bad, but I'm wondering whether it's still realistic to apply to KCL or SOAS?

The D was in German, which I dropped. Will the admissions take the D into account and will it weigh down my application?

KCL entry requirement for European Politics - AAB
    SOAS entry requirements for Politics/International Relations - AAA

I assume that a BSC Government degree which is entry requirement AAA at LSE is completely ruled out now? Still worth applying?

GCSES - 3A's , 6B's , 1 C

I plan to make myself sounds absolutely amazing in the personal statement and started drafting ages back.

Even if this isn't enough, do I then stand a good chance if I persuade my teachers to give me predicted grades A*AA? ( I genuinely think it's possible as my teachers this year predicted me all A's, I just personally didn't deliver, gutted).

Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Lol KCL accepted AAA courses with BBB this year, they will almost certainly let you in with ABB. In terms of LSE you will have to get predicted AAA, retake the B grade subjects too as A2 is harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Lol KCL accepted AAA courses with BBB this year, they will almost certainly let you in with ABB. In terms of LSE you will have to get predicted AAA, retake the B grade subjects too as A2 is harder.
    So LSE is still a possibility? That's really good to hear, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Yes LSE is a possibility but you will have to work very hard as if you even miss 1 grade with LSE they will decline you right away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    Knew KCL was too good to be true. what courses were they? were they on clearing?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.