Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I was predicted fairly good grades at GCSE but due to unfortunate circumstances I came out with
    C - maths
    D - English
    C - core science
    D - additional science
    B - ECDL IT btec
    F - history
    D - business
    E - sociology
    D - German
    The problem is I want to go sixth form and do accounts( need B in maths), psychology( need C in English) and business ( need C in business ).
    All my course work and mocks were at C/D level but I f***ed up the exams due to illness.
    So is there any chance at all I would be taken in to sixth form anyway?
    Also could I lie to the interviewers and say I got my predicted grades ( it's the same school where I did GCSEs ) and not be found out?
    PLEASE HELP🙏🏼
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why would you lie to a sixth form? You'll get found out because they'll ask for your certificates or your exam results you collected from school.
    Not all sixth forms require a B in maths for accountancy, a C in english for Psychology or a C in business for business - why don't you look for another sixth form?

Also your attitude towards the whole process is pretty disappointing, to think of lying is disgusting and it will get you nowhere. Be honest.

And I hope everything works out

ReputationRep:
    If the Sixth Form is the at the same place as your school they should know and understand your exceptional circumstances and so some rules may be bent slightly. DO NOT LIE. They will be able to see instantly the comparison of predicated grades to your actual. Actually, i'd maybe say that I was 2 or so UMS marks from a B in maths but nothing worse than that. If you got a D in English, you'll resit so I highly doubt they'll allow you to do A level english, while retaking GCSE. Maybe change english but apart from that, you should be fine.

If you wanted to try your luck at another Sixth Form away from your secondary school, definitely get a letter from your head of your explaining your circumstances and get them to say that you are a hardworking student blahblahblah...

All the best.

That's 3 GCSEs and usually you need 5. You could speak to the sixth form anyway and since it's your current school they may understand but I also got 3 GCSEs and couldn't do A levels because of it despite getting a B in maths and chemistry and a C in physics. If you can't do A levels because of your grades and I hope you can but if not don't worry! I'm going to spend this year resitting my GCSEs and then apply for A levels next year. It will only take an extra year so if you want to do this then it's an option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    That's 3 GCSEs and usually you need 5. You could speak to the sixth form anyway and since it's your current school they may understand but I also got 3 GCSEs and couldn't do A levels because of it despite getting a B in maths and chemistry and a C in physics. If you can't do A levels because of your grades and I hope you can but if not don't worry! I'm going to spend this year resitting my GCSEs and then apply for A levels next year. It will only take an extra year so if you want to do this then it's an option.
    Really? So what do you do in the meantime then before you re sit them?

(Original post by JÔŚH)
    Really? So what do you do in the meantime then before you re sit them?
    I'm doing them through a college that offers a GCSE program so I'll be taking some new GCSEs and retaking some I've already done to build my GCSE profile and to boost the number of GCSEs I have. I will do this in one year. I can study/revise for them in the meantime before I actually resit/take them. You could see if you can take any other qualifications during the year. I will be entering as a private candidate for one subject that isn't offered by the college. I will then apply for A levels the following year. That's the plan anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    I'm doing them through a college that offers a GCSE program so I'll be taking some new GCSEs and retaking some I've already done to build my GCSE profile and to boost the number of GCSEs I have. I will do this in one year. I can study/revise for them in the meantime before I actually resit/take them. You could see if you can take any other qualifications during the year. I will be entering as a private candidate for one subject that isn't offered by the college. I will then apply for A levels the following year. That's the plan anyway.
    Oh ok that sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.

(Original post by JÔŚH)
    Oh ok that sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.
    No problem. Good luck in whatever you decide to do!!

ReputationRep:
    You could always look around colleges/sixth forms with lower predicted grades and I can't speak for all sixth forms but I know my college and a few others are happy to look at previous work and speak to you individually about whether you can have a place on the course if there have been certain issues which have caused a lack of time and focus for your exams. For example, I needed a B to do my history a level, but I only got a C and got onto my course based on my English grades and past work.

You can't get away with lying about your results as they will ask you for the certificates on enrollment before starting at your sixth form.

Just ask around different colleges and see what everyone is willing to offer you.
    Good luck, I hope it all works out for you.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.