Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am applying for University this year, and I lied to my mum that I am appying to study Engineering and a Foreign language at SOAS, UCLAN, and Sheffield~ But the truth is that I am only.applying for just foreign languages! I am not interested in Engineering at all! So I said to my mum to put money into my bank to pay for the application and Submit my applications for the foriegn language. I hope to get accepted and when I do what should I say... She will wonder what I am studying. I know I can only hold it for some time, because when it comes to graduation she will find out😭😭. She is really against foreign language degrees. But I love languages with a passion~. When people ask me about Engineering I have nothing to say. My mum says that I will be studying Engineering at" University A" and going to work for company B. But I am not. She said she wont let me do a foreign language course at uni So i have to apply in Secret. The only people that know im not doing engineering is my Aunt, and my Engineering Btec Engineering teacher. WHAT SHOULD I DO!😭😭😭😢

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am applying for University this year, and I lied to my mum that I am appying to study Engineering and a Foreign language at SOAS, UCLAN, and Sheffield~ But the truth is that I am only.applying for just foreign languages! I am not interested in Engineering at all! So I said to my mum to put money into my bank to pay for the application and Submit my applications for the foriegn language. I hope to get accepted and when I do what should I say... She will wonder what I am studying. I know I can only hold it for some time, because when it comes to graduation she will find out😭😭. She is really against foreign language degrees. But I love languages with a passion~. When people ask me about Engineering I have nothing to say. My mum says that I will be studying Engineering at" University A" and going to work for company B. But I am not. She said she wont let me do a foreign language course at uni So i have to apply in Secret. The only people that know im not doing engineering is my Aunt, and my Engineering Btec Engineering teacher. WHAT SHOULD I DO!😭😭😭😢
    I'd always advise against lying. However, just stretch the truth.
    Your better and more passionate about Foreign Languages and they could see this through your reference(putting your sixth form in it) and your personal statement(okay take some responsibility) so thought it was best if you just did a language, so you did.
    Simple. You know whats best for you.
    Good Luck !
    Lee
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    We're dealing with a badass over here :lol:

You should probably tell her before your lies catch up with you and then it's game over, my friend.

(Original post by lee1999wright)
    I'd always advise against lying. However, just stretch the truth.
    Your better and more passionate about Foreign Languages and they could see this through your reference(putting your sixth form in it) and your personal statement(okay take some responsibility) so thought it was best if you just did a language, so you did.
    Simple. You know whats best for you.
    Good Luck !
    Lee
    My friend also said I will be sitting in the UNI with a guilty mind set knowing I lied to my mum, dreading graduation day because of it. So I will say what you said. Thank you ^^

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.