The Student Room Group

ALIS test?

So I found out that I'll be taking an ALIS test tomorrow?
I know that no one will be able to tell me the questions, but I wondered if anyone could explain please? Is it on a computer? multiple choice? Across all subjects or just general knowledge?
I'm known to worry, so I'm already stressed about starting tomorrow, I was hoping someone would be able to help me relax about this 😂
[QUOTE=danandphil;67417672]So I found out that I'll be taking an ALIS test tomorrow?
I know that no one will be able to tell me the questions, but I wondered if anyone could explain please? Is it on a computer? multiple choice? Across all subjects or just general knowledge?
I'm known to worry, so I'm already stressed about starting tomorrow, I was hoping someone would be able to help me relax about this 😂

Hey, yeah relax!! The ALIS test is designed to help give the school a better idea of how they think you would perform (for target grades).

Basically, it will consist of time limited exercises which may feature some maths, pattern recognition, general questions and etc. It variates between the years i believe.

To be honest though, i think it's more useful to Durham University (who provide the test), so don't worry about it too much.
I took this test too, just warning you that it's pretty much all bs and quite pointless.
It's on a computer and some (if not all) questions are multiple choice. It's like a non-verbal reasoning test with a bit of maths and logic, and gets progressively harder as you answer the questions. So say if you get a question right, the next question will be harder, and if you get one wrong the next question will be easier. That's why not everyone has the same questions.
It's not too bad, so good luck!
Reply 3
Thank you everyone!
I took it today- what a load of 💩!

Quick Reply

Latest