Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Alright I need some help on how I should move down maths set without making it obvious as the teacher ive heard gets alot of hate and in past people tried to do bad but she found out so bassically first day back in school as year 10 I got moved up to set 1 which sucks since the teacher is super strict and she gives a crap ton of homework and im like the dumbest person there I dont know how I even went in set 1 Im also the type of person who likes to just chill in lesson and do the work but we work 24/7 and none of my friends have her so I need help should I just do bad in tests or overall act like a slightly dumber then the rest of people Im thinking of doing bad in the christmas exams so i can get moved down so how should I do it without making it obvious also I was wondering would the school let you move down if you were struggling to keep up with the set 1 group and parents came in and said I was struggling with work and set 2 would suit me better I just really want to move down since last year school wasnt bad I didnt enjoy it but It wasnt bad now im seriously dreading that 1hr I have so whats the best way without making it obvious thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yo you could always just get better at maths, the whole set thing is just a ploy to make students work harder
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Reading all that without punctuation was one hell of a ride.

Just talk to your teacher about it.

ReputationRep:
    You should try to enjoy the maths!

Yeah, you don't need to try and dumb yourself down, just do your best and if you're not in the right set then the teacher will notice. The point of school is to learn and push yourself!😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AGriffin)
    Alright I need some help on how I should move down maths set without making it obvious as the teacher ive heard gets alot of hate and in past people tried to do bad but she found out so bassically first day back in school as year 10 I got moved up to set 1 which sucks since the teacher is super strict and she gives a crap ton of homework and im like the dumbest person there I dont know how I even went in set 1 Im also the type of person who likes to just chill in lesson and do the work but we work 24/7 and none of my friends have her so I need help should I just do bad in tests or overall act like a slightly dumber then the rest of people Im thinking of doing bad in the christmas exams so i can get moved down so how should I do it without making it obvious also I was wondering would the school let you move down if you were struggling to keep up with the set 1 group and parents came in and said I was struggling with work and set 2 would suit me better I just really want to move down since last year school wasnt bad I didnt enjoy it but It wasnt bad now im seriously dreading that 1hr I have so whats the best way without making it obvious thanks
    Ive been in a similar situation and really wanted to move down cuz I was really dumb and didnt understand anything. Basically, I got moved down cuz I did badly in the end of year tests and kept asking for help from the teacher so she got irritated and moved me down which made me super happy because I had a better maths teacher who helped me get an A*. Yes the school will move you down if they find you are struggling and if your parents complained. The school aims to make sure its students are suited to their environment so if you feel you dont belong in Set 1 they will probably move you down. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    What set are you for English?

ReputationRep:
    That's a great way I agree just instead try to ask the teacher really simple questions that you know the answer to then they think you REALLY need to move down a set. Hope this helps love to hear how it goes😊😊😊
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Closing old thread.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.