Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will be starting A levels on Wednesday. I am doing history, English literature and.english language. Do I need a book for every subject? Does anyone have any general advice or specific to my subjects? Also what will be the best university I can get in. At GCSE I got 2 A, 5 B and 3 C. Let's say i get AAA at a level . I want to study law at university .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by England113)
    I will be starting A levels on Wednesday. I am doing history, English literature and.english language. Do I need a book for every subject? Does anyone have any general advice or specific to my subjects? Also what will be the best university I can get in. At GCSE I got 2 A, 5 B and 3 C. Let's say i get AAA at a level . I want to study law at university .
    First things first: do not underestimate the step-up from GCSE to A-Level (we don't joke).

Yes, it's best to have a book for each subject. I personally recommend A4 wire bound Pukka Pads.

With those grades, depending in what you got in History and English at GCSE, you may be predicted grades of BBC or something near that. If you have a look at http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...rankings?s=law it will give you a ranked order of grade boundaries.

I hope i've helped

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.