Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about going to Westminster next year but I need an honest opinion on Raffles House. Is it as bad as everyone says it is? Unclean? Unnecessarily rowdy? I've seen so many negative reviews I'm not sure what to think of it. If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by ginarw)
    I'm thinking about going to Westminster next year but I need an honest opinion on Raffles House. Is it as bad as everyone says it is? Unclean? Unnecessarily rowdy? I've seen so many negative reviews I'm not sure what to think of it. If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.
    Hi Gina,

We'd be happy to answer any questions on Raffles House to help alleviate any concerns

In reply to the two you mentioned above; we have an onsite cleaning team that keeps our communal areas as clean as possible, but as it's a big building it does take a while for our team to get around.

Over 300 first year University of Westminster students living with us, Raffles House is very socialable place to live and make friends. The Instagram feed will hopefully give you an idea of what to expect- https://www.instagram.com/explore/locations/350092738/

We will also do our utmost to keep academic years together as usually they want different things in their accommodation.

If you haven't already, you're more than welcome to join the residents facebook group to meet and greet the new House mates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/739682209464929/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ginarw)
    Don't live here. Its exactly what you've heard, you can spend a lot less money and get somewhere nicer, safer and nearer to Central London. I can explain more if you would like me to, but honestly it has made my first year of University not as fun and exciting as i was hoping it to be.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.