Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have chosen my five options for universities and all are either for English and Business combined or English as a single honours degree. Now I have to complete (more like start) my personal statement for submission, preferably as soon as possible. I am just wondering how to structure my personal statement to satisfy both course areas as I am struggling on how to subtly intertwine both of these into one personal statement, one that will get me offers from all five of my choices. Thanks in advance for any help

ReputationRep:
    On the ucas website they have a personal statement builder, I'm in the same boat not a clue what to write

ReputationRep:
    same here. Im trying to link politics and law

ReputationRep:
    I go back to sixth form tomorrow and I'm meant to have a first draft done. Wish me luck

ReputationRep:
    I just finished off my personal statement - I've written it specifically to apply for three (kinda different) courses. Try doing one paragraph for each of your subjects then one paragraph linking them together, or link from one to the other by talking about how the skills from one help you with the other.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Pugglet)
    same here. Im trying to link politics and law
    Talk about public law and the consitution, what brexit might mean etc.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Jamesstanley0)
    I have chosen my five options for universities and all are either for English and Business combined or English as a single honours degree. Now I have to complete (more like start) my personal statement for submission, preferably as soon as possible. I am just wondering how to structure my personal statement to satisfy both course areas as I am struggling on how to subtly intertwine both of these into one personal statement, one that will get me offers from all five of my choices. Thanks in advance for any help
    You should have a roughly 50:50 split between the two subjects. Have a look at the course structure and work out how the two are linked in the way they're taught and go from there. Talk about things that interest you and how studying one subject can help with the other.

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.