Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am sorry but I am posting this in Relationships forum because I don't think any other forum allows you to make anonymous posts.

I don't meet the 'you need to have stayed in the UK for the last 3 years before the start of your course' criteria so will not get student finance for my undergraduate course starting next year.

What are some other sources of funding?
    Are there bursaries / grants that could fully cover tuition loan and maintenance loan in combination?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am sorry but I am posting this in Relationships forum because I don't think any other forum allows you to make anonymous posts.

I don't meet the 'you need to have stayed in the UK for the last 3 years before the start of your course' criteria so will not get student finance for my undergraduate course starting next year.

Are there bursaries / grants that could fully cover tuition loan and maintenance loan in combination?

Thank you.
    There are very limited alternatives to student finance in this country. Universities offer some scholarships, usually for academic excellence, but they are unlikely to cover anywhere near the full amount of costs. And there is one private finance provider but interest rates are high and you have to start making repayments whilst studying. Otherwise its up to you to self fund.

ReputationRep:
    There are some independent organisations that give grants or scholarships but it is difficult to get anywhere enough even through a combination of them. Try searching for grants for international students in UK

Edit. Are you not from Europe then? Tuition loan is given to all European nationals wether they've been in the country for 10 years or are only moving for university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Thank you.
    Whilst starting next year might be your ideal, it's probably worth just waiting for uni until you do have the years of residence required to qualify for full SF (5 years for EU/EEA students, 3 years for International students). As has been said, the private loan route is very much not recommended and will tie you into repayments with commercial interest rates and terms, for decades.

You won't find any bursaries/scholarships which cover all of your tuition fees + living costs. That's more of a US concept.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.