Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm not a social person and don't have any friends and have never been good at speaking to people either. I'm shy too and I'm a boy. I'm really nervous because I start college tomorrow and there will be strangers so any advice??
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    it's like when you start out in reception or something

(Original post by ihatePE)
    it's like when you start out in reception or something
    Reception? Is that when you are 5?

ReputationRep:
    Just think, everyone else will be in the same position as you, yes they may have a few friends at the college but those friends may be in different classes.
    Normally when you start college or a new place generally, they sometimes do ice-breaker things, so everyone gets to know each other a little bit... you may become friends with people through this as its pretty awkward and everyone understands that haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    I'm not a social person and don't have any friends and have never been good at speaking to people either. I'm shy too and I'm a boy. I'm really nervous because I start college tomorrow and there will be strangers so any advice??
    Hey the best thing to remember is that everybody is literally in the same boat as you. Everybody must feel at least a little nervous! You'll be fine!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Stop overthinking it and just talk to people. It all starts with small talk anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.