Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I go back to school tomorrow as I start year 10. Unfortunately yesterday my best friend messaged me saying she's going back to her home country. I only hung out with her at school as we were so alike. We love books so we hung out in the library all the time. But now she's moved, I'm going to so lonely. I have two best friends that live far from me and another who goes to a different school. I do have other friends in school but we're not close or anything. The last two weeks of school in year 9 went excruciatingly slow as my best friend was in her home country. I can't really bear the thought of her not being at school as we always partnered up and were in the same classes for everything apart from 2 subjects. I have social anxiety and I am a quiet person so making new friends is going to be hard and everyone has their groups anyway. I will still hang out in the library because I love reading (and I'd have no one to hang out with outside) but it's going to be really lonely. And it's going to be embarrassing when everyone asks where she went because I bet they will pity me which I despise more than anything! Lessons are just going to be so hard without her especially partner/group work. The only clubs at school are sports clubs and I hate sports so not really an option. I didn't post this for attention, i just wanted someone to read it. I know it's not the end of the world but my friend really made school better when she was here but now it's just gonna suck
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    bless you, we outgrow friends most of the time anyways, so either you are seperated now or later. keep in touch through social media, this is also a good way to slowly become detach, you see long distance friendship dont last, and by keeping the distance but still texting, you'll natural feel the friendship slowly fading. then go and talk to some other people in the library

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    bless you, we outgrow friends most of the time anyways, so either you are seperated now or later. keep in touch through social media, this is also a good way to slowly become detach, you see long distance friendship dont last, and by keeping the distance but still texting, you'll natural feel the friendship slowly fading. then go and talk to some other people in the library
    Hi, thank you for replying. We are still messaging, however every time I message her I feel sad. I will try, however I find it really hard to make the first move.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.