Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I will be starting the second year of chemical engineering in Heriot-Watt. I need some advice regarding internships and building my resume, in order to get admission in Ivy Leagues for Post-Grad. I know it seems far-fetched but I do want to graduate from the top unis.
    Coming back to the point, can people suggest on the kind of internships I should be aiming for and how long? I plan to do a couple of internships and volunteer work till I graduate and then get a job for two/three years.

I am interested in joining the paper or cosmetic industry but I need help on how to approach the industries for internships. I mean is it normal for teenagers to be wanting to intern in industries and do they even offer them?
    Further, is it possible for me to do an internship alongside my studies or should I wait for the summers, in case things get too hectic?
    Thank you for your time. Looking forward to some good advice.

Regards,
    Fariaa Kashif
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Furz.)
    Hi. I will be starting the second year of chemical engineering in Heriot-Watt. I need some advice regarding internships and building my resume, in order to get admission in Ivy Leagues for Post-Grad. I know it seems far-fetched but I do want to graduate from the top unis.
    Coming back to the point, can people suggest on the kind of internships I should be aiming for and how long? I plan to do a couple of internships and volunteer work till I graduate and then get a job for two/three years.

I am interested in joining the paper or cosmetic industry but I need help on how to approach the industries for internships. I mean is it normal for teenagers to be wanting to intern in industries and do they even offer them?
    Further, is it possible for me to do an internship alongside my studies or should I wait for the summers, in case things get too hectic?
    Thank you for your time. Looking forward to some good advice.

Regards,
    Fariaa Kashif
    Hi Furz :wavey:

We have a fantastic careers service here at Heriot-Watt who will be able to offer you advice. Check out their website for more info.

Carole

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.