Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just had my first night at The Royal Navy Reserves but have recently discovered that a University close to me has URNU. I'm starting to reconsider whether I have made the right choice joining the RNR.
    The thing is, I'm a Nursing Student and to pass as part of the RNR you must go away for 2 weeks out of the year. In my second and third year at Uni I'm going to be on placement a lot! And I'm worried I won't have time to complete this training!
    I'm considering a career in the RN after uni and hoped the RNR would give me some experience before I potentially join full time but then the URNU would give me experience too!!
    I've already signed my attestation papers last week and I think it would look terrible on me if I left after 1 week! My next placement doesn't start until November...so what should I do????
    Start at URNU when it starts back in 2 weeks and continue with RNR and let them know I'm having second thoughts or Keep going with RNR and try and fit it in around my studies?
    I'm just worried I won't have enough time when it comes to placement!!! HELP!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.