Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

met a real cute guy off here but ive had fboys 'interested' before and don't want to be another target. he's so kind and interested in me and my posts and said he enjoys talking to me...what should I do? any tips or advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    met a real cute guy off here
    hahahahahahahahahaha

Nice one. My advice would be to look as far back in his post history as possible. I'm 100% sure you'll lose interest if he's remotely close to the typical TSR user.

ReputationRep:
    Interested in your posts?! Lol not sure if you're serious.

Anyway meet up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    met a real cute guy off here but ive had fboys 'interested' before and don't want to be another target. he's so kind and interested in me and my posts and said he enjoys talking to me...what should I do? any tips or advice?
    Do some analysis work and background research. Look through his posting history, especially if he's commented on relationship posts, that might give you some scope of some of his views. Check what threads he's made in the past, his visitor messages, the lot
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    Do some analysis work and background research. Look through his posting history, especially if he's commented on relationship posts, that might give you some scope of some of his views. Check what threads he's made in the past, his visitor messages, the lot
    Speaking from experience?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Speaking from experience?
    If you met a guy irl you'd do this with his FB wouldn't you? So why not do the same with his TSR if that's the only thing about him you have access to
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    If you met a guy irl you'd do this with his FB wouldn't you? So why not do the same with his TSR if that's the only thing about him you have access to
    TSR is much more enclosed than Facebook is. Chances are you wouldn't get any reliable information off here about a person purely based on some forum posts. Maybe just the scope of the personality, that's about it.

Best way forward here is to give it time, then based on some very basic impressions decide whether to move it along onto FB where it becomes much more straight-forward. Stalking on TSR is unreliable.

ReputationRep:
    TSR is much more enclosed than Facebook is. Chances are you wouldn't get any reliable information off here about a person purely based on some forum posts. Maybe just the scope of the personality, that's about it.

Best way forward here is to give it time, then based on some very basic impressions decide whether to move it along onto FB where it becomes much more straight-forward. Stalking on TSR is unreliable.
    Idk I still think it's possible to weed out a potential f**k boy based on their forum posts on here...

ReputationRep:
    TSR? I'm not too sure about those TSR lads...

Posted from TSR Mobile

@pinkberry_y he's given me his fb but I said i'm not adding till I know him well enough but its l on very private settings there anyway. he posts on similar things I do looking at his history so yeah

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone who does this, lol

OP; Be careful, confirm who they say they are, and then just go from there really. When/if you meet, do so in a public place ONLY.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.