Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I googled something and it took me to this site so I thought you guys could help me out, I'm currently 18, 19 in January, I'm in full time work and earn good money, I'm currently talking to a 22 year old, I know it's 4 years difference but I really like her, but I don't know how to approach her because she's older, I've been in serval relationships and know what women are like, and how they act to things but things are different at this point, I've been looking on the Internet for advice, and they said its perfectly normal, but I don't want to feel like because of my age she won't be interested
    Aaron Akers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaronakerss)
    I googled something and it took me to this site so I thought you guys could help me out, I'm currently 18, 19 in January, I'm in full time work and earn good money, I'm currently talking to a 22 year old, I know it's 4 years difference but I really like her, but I don't know how to approach her because she's older, I've been in serval relationships and know what women are like, and how they act to things but things are different at this point, I've been looking on the Internet for advice, and they said its perfectly normal, but I don't want to feel like because of my age she won't be interested
    Aaron Akers
    Approach her how you would normally approach a 18/19 year old girl. I doubt their tastes would've changed too much in a few years.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but what happenes when I do that, I'm not one of those guys whos scared and I just don't want her to think I'm weird or something or push her away

ReputationRep:
    Aaron Akers
    It really doesn't matter how old she is. Just talk to her like you would anyone else you're interested in. If she's not interested, move on.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but what happenes when I do that, I'm not one of those guys whos scared and I just don't want her to think I'm weird or something or push her away
    Well the girl is either interested or not and then you make a move or move on.

ReputationRep:
    How would I find out because it's not been long that we have been talking so how long should I give to ask her what she wants out of this, because like we go for food and we go for a couple of drinks and we talk all the time when I see her, and she wants to go on a walk on Wednesday If the weather is nice. Would you think that would be a great opportunity to ask her

ReputationRep:
    And how would I know if she is interested?

ReputationRep:
    How would I find out because it's not been long that we have been talking so how long should I give to ask her what she wants out of this, because like we go for food and we go for a couple of drinks and we talk all the time when I see her, and she wants to go on a walk on Wednesday If the weather is nice. Would you think that would be a great opportunity to ask her
    I don't know you nor her. If you feel like it's a good time to ask, it's as good a time as any. Don't second guess yourself.

ReputationRep:
    And how would I know if she is interested?
    If she's receptive and says "sure I'll go out with you" when you ask her.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the questions but when would be a great point to ask her?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the questions but when would be a great point to ask her?
    After you sleep with her

ReputationRep:
    In seriousness: when she seems like she'll say yes. If you can't read her body language then I can't help.

ReputationRep:
    Dude God knows if that's going to happen any time soon, I don't know whether she is interested in me yet never mind sleeping with her

ReputationRep:
    Dude God knows if that's going to happen any time soon, I don't know whether she is interested in me yet never mind sleeping with her
    Go for a walk on Wednesday. Take her somewhere cool, talk about your past, get emotional, say "Want to go on a date some time?" then get some plans. Congrats, she's either your girlfriend or you got rejected. Be prepared for either outcome.

ReputationRep:
    Aaron Akers
    just be confident and ask her face to face
    Spoiler:
    Show
    i'm 21 and back when i was 18 one of my girlfriends was 23 and out of my league and that was when i was making a couple of grand a year profit off of my business

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.