Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is life after university like? SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I graduated from university with a First Class honours degree and now I have NO friends - seriously I don't! People forget who you are once you walk away from university with a certificate - yes life can be sad. I am now unemployed because I decided that it was better to go on holiday rather than apply for jobs and now I am sitting here thinking to myself maybe I should have applied well in advance.

I also sit here everyday thinking to myself why I never opened up to people much before and why I never consumed alcohol - as I now consume alcohol quite a lot now. I also never had a girlfriend and wish I tried getting one at uni.

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Please share below

ReputationRep:
    I got lucky I guess. I did a masters, spent ages on the thesis, got two extensions, applied for a few jobs, got an offer on one of them, and two years later I am much more mature, much happier, much richer. I also drink more, but socially, and have a gf.

I for some reason found it very hard to apply for jobs, not knowing what exactly to do, what to expect, not wanting to start life "for real". But all I can say is, at some point you have to, so the sooner the better. It's not too late, just apply, if people comment on the time, just say you took time deciding what you want to do. That's ok, no harm in that. Just be confident about how you say it, not like um uh well I didn't know that to do...say you were looking for the right thing, didn't want to rush things, and have now found what you want to do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.