The Student Room Group

Marks and Spencers

The M & S application to work is the most infuriating system ever. I have constantly been looking on their careers website.... They ask me to select my intended position. I select customer assistant. Then area they don't have North East on there. So I selected East and got a position opening.....My internet breaks down so I reload...about five minutes later. Suddenly there is no job position.

The application also ask's for two referees. I am eighteen and was intent on going to University till a short while ago. Thus I focused all my attention on academic studies and have not had a previous job. I have just had a two week non paid placement during GCSE. So two years ago roughly

Surely M & S offer jobs to 18 year olds. So what am I meant to do with this 2 referees and provide full postcodes? Obviously I will list my secondary school as one.....

The fact that jobs appear and vanish momentarily along is very annoying. For a guy that desperately wants a job
Usually it's fine to put one of the referees as your school or college if you're a college leaver, I'm sure they'll understand that when they look at your application. But the site does sound annoying, maybe you should go into the store instead and ask for a traditional form? :p: good luck with it!
Reply 2
You should be able to use two references from your school if they ask for two. Just use a form tutor and a subject teacher. They'll understand that you haven't had a lot of relevant work expereince and therefore no work references.

Latest

Trending

Trending