Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping to apply to Warwick for maths but my AS results were disappointing.

I got an A in computer science a B in Maths (4 marks off an A apparently)
    and a B in physics.

i know i can do much better as i was all of last year i just lost confidence in the exams.

This year i plan on taking FM (perhaps dropping physics if it becomes too much)
    and i was wondering if there was any point in applying to Warwick and taking the STEP.

i know if i work harder this year and retake the C1 paper (where i screwed up somehow) i may be able to reach an offer but i was wondering if they would even give me one, Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    If you think you can get A*(Maths) A*(Further Maths) A(Any Third A2) AND 2 in STEP, then why not?

Spoiler:
    Show
    That's their standard offer for 2017/18 btw

ReputationRep:
    If it helps, they are ridiculously lenient in terms of giving out offers. If they think you have a remote chance of getting the required grades they'll probably give you an offer.

If you miss it just barely they'll probably still let you in. If you miss it by two grades e.g. A*AA3 they'll probably let you in to discrete maths.

ReputationRep:
    You'll get an offer (everyone does), it's just a question of do you think you can meet that kind of offer? Ie. can you do well in STEP or if not, can you get a*a*a*?

That's the warwick maths admission policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BankOfPigs)
    If it helps, they are ridiculously lenient in terms of giving out offers. If they think you have a remote chance of getting the required grades they'll probably give you an offer.

If you miss it just barely they'll probably still let you in. If you miss it by two grades e.g. A*AA3 they'll probably let you in to discrete maths.
    (Original post by Foxab77)
    You'll get an offer (everyone does), it's just a question of do you think you can meet that kind of offer? Ie. can you do well in STEP or if not, can you get a*a*a*?

That's the warwick maths admission policy.
    Does this leniency apply to MMORSE too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sanchit117)
    Does this leniency apply to MMORSE too?
    It does not, I was told by an admissions tutor that MMORSE has an actual selection process for their offers, unlike Maths. It justifies their lower offer of A*AA or A*A*Aa (with AS Further Maths).

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.