Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Nott sure if this is the right place to put this but oh well... I got accepted into Chester university to do Geogrpahy which I really liked and it was the subject that I was best at, however when I got my results I got a C in it which I was disappointed with as I thought I would get higher. This shook my confidence as now I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the uni work. The more I think about going to uni the more my anxiety increases, the last time I had anxiety was when I got my first job and that was 2 years ago but I stayed at my job, but now because of my anxiety I'm not sure I'll be able to cope at uni and I'm having second thoughts as I've never been away from home and Chester is 3 hours away from where I live.

P.s sorry if my writing is terrible I'm very tired right now!

ReputationRep:
    The upside is that the work never starts straight away they build you up to it so you'll be on a better platform for assignments and all that they never throw you in at the deep end!

Also about moving away, people take to it differently, majority of people love living away for the indepedence and all that. Plus if you ever get home sick you can still always go home no one is forcing you to stay there.

With the uni work it will only overcome you if you let it, do the work as it comes without leaving it til the last minute will help a lot.

Hope this helps you in anyway
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Yes, moving to University is an exciting but sometimes daunting experience. It’s normal to feel a little nervous but there are lots of people you can talk to about any worries or concerns you may have about your studies or settling into University.

If you are living in University accommodation there will be a hall warden ( second or third year student ) who can answer any questions you have.

You can request a peer mentor who you can meet to have a chat and talk about settling into Uni life.

You will also be assigned a Personal Academic Tutor ( PAT ) who can talk to you about your studies and any concerns you may have about the work you will be given.

Student Welfare can also support you throughout your time at University of Chester. They can talk to you about managing your time , any money worries and how to get the best out of your experience here. They can also talk to you about your anxiety and explain what other support would be available to you. You can contact Student now by email if that would be helpful ( [email protected])

In my experience talking about worries or concerns helps a lot so please don’t bottle up any concerns you have about coming here.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Mely123)
    Nott sure if this is the right place to put this but oh well... I got accepted into Chester university to do Geogrpahy which I really liked and it was the subject that I was best at, however when I got my results I got a C in it which I was disappointed with as I thought I would get higher. This shook my confidence as now I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep up with the uni work. The more I think about going to uni the more my anxiety increases, the last time I had anxiety was when I got my first job and that was 2 years ago but I stayed at my job, but now because of my anxiety I'm not sure I'll be able to cope at uni and I'm having second thoughts as I've never been away from home and Chester is 3 hours away from where I live.

P.s sorry if my writing is terrible I'm very tired right now!
    Hello ,

It's understandable that your grades shocked you a little - however, that one grade doesn't reflect your ability of the entire course. There are different factors that can affect your grades and you just may not have been doing the best on that one given do - it does not reflect how you'll do at university. We all get a grade that disappoints us every now and again.

Do not let it bring you down - you got into university which means you can do it so hold on that thought.

I had a similar feeling when starting university and spoke to my lecturer about it and when starting at university, everyone starts off at the same level and you all work together from there. Some people may know things you don't and vice versa. You'll be absolutely fine!

Best of luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.