Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm considered as Overseas student and not home student, please help. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm an EEA national, who is working in the UK and been here over 5 years.

They (Westminster University) requested me to fill out a Fee status assessment form. I did that and sent all the requested evidence, which was my contract of employment, my payslips, and a letter from my employer confirming that I work at the company on the 1st of September which they requested. So I have sent all the evidence required and clearly I classify as a home student. Even Student Finance has put me as a home student. But they reply this email to me after I have sent all the evidence:

"I have now heard back from our Student Advice Service. There is some concern about your evidence, in particular that you are being paid in cash. You will need evidence of payslips, P45, P65 that cover 1 September 2016 or invoices if you have been self-employed. There needs to be evidence that your employer has been paying National Insurance and tax or that you have been paying National Insurance and tax if you are a self-employed person. Once again, the evidence needs to cover 1 September. At the moment therefore, your fee status remains as ‘overseas’. "

What should I do here? What is the best possible way to respond to this?

Thank you in advance.
    Reda
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Have you sent in evidence to prove you've been over here for 5 years plus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Have you sent in evidence to prove you've been over here for 5 years plus?
    No, they didn't request that, but in the fee assessment form I had to list all the addresses I have lived since birth and the dates. All the evidence they have asked for has been about work, and I have sent everything, but now they are saying what I stated before.

ReputationRep:
    Have you sent the forms requested? How are you paid (cash-in-hand?)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.